Amazon Selling on E-Bay ?

Lakewood90712

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Bought something on E-Bay, vendor with like 395,000 feedback. Free std. shipping, expected in 9 days.

Very next day arrives in an Amazon Prime box :confused:, sent from the same North Las Vegas address as amazon. Typical Amazon style, way over packed, in huge box.

Price on Amazon with prime for same item is higher than listing on E-bay.

E-Bay buyers considered lower price point ?

They are probably willing to pick up an extra sale even if it is at a lower price. Of course, it might not be an extra sale as the buyer might have done Amazon if the Ebay was not available. I had a similar experience recently when I bought some photo software on Ebay for the best price I could find. When it arrived, it was a "Costco" version, that was higher on their site. I don't totally get it either, but this person did get the sale, and it works properly.

That happened to me once too. I chalked it up to someone who played the spread. I didn't go to Amazon to check the price, but figured it would have been less than I paid, so didn't want the confirmation of my shopping failure, hehe!

Could it be they overload their eBay items beyond their stock on occasion, and drop ship from Amazon to keep customers happy? Could it be they are testing a market, and source wholesale only after the market is proven?

If it was a small-time operator, I could see someone that got an Amazon gift card wanting something they don't sell on Amazon, and so converting the gift card to cash without the sometimes deep discounts of the gift card trading sites. Nah, thats too much trouble for a few bucks.

I'd be interested in better explanations than what I have come-up with.

Sellers can ship their items from Amazon, they ship to sell on Amazon and they can then fulfill orders through Amazon, shipping direct to their sales on their own website or eBay.

Another possibility is the Amazon price was much lower on the day you purchased. Amazon has sales or pricing errors that some sellers can arbitrage with sales on eBay.

If you pm me the item info I can check what historical pricing has been on Amazon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom