American Idol

I think you underestimate the group of people that would probably buy his music...people under the age of 30...a great majority of them don't care what a person's sexuality is and I'm guessing that many of them actually prefer someone who is a little different. And aren't most rock singers (notice I didn't say pop singers), a little over the top anyway?

No matter what, Danny will sell more albums than Adam. Rock and roll, although big, is not as big as it once was, pop music and R&B are bigger, and country is growing every year. Carrie Underwood is doing pretty well as a Christian music and country star. Neither Adam or David Cook are Chris Daughtry material, he has the "edge" to his voice that rock fans love.......:)

I think you underestimate the group of people that would probably buy his music...people under the age of 30...a great majority of them don't care what a person's sexuality is and I'm guessing that many of them actually prefer someone who is a little different. And aren't most rock singers (notice I didn't say pop singers), a little over the top anyway?

I really wasn't questioning his future popularity because he is gay. Not in the least. It's his personality that I'm in doubts about. Like W2R said, he seems like a phoney, as if he's been acting and performing his whole life. My reactions are personal and since I'm an Oldster, I am very likely way off base. So I'm going to defer to you guys.

I think Adam would do great in Las Vegas, changing costumes every 30 minutes and covering different music genres. Or another Freddie Mercury type in a rock band, but I have a feeling Adam would probably enjoy the Las Vegas scenes more and make more money.

I hope Danny won't become another Taylor Hicks, but I have a feeling he might.

With Allison gone, my interest in the show is almost gone. What a shame! At least Danny showed genuine shock when her departure was announced. I'm sure he's a good guy but for me he just doesn't have any star quality. Maybe he'll have a chance to surprise us.

But I don't think it's even a contest anymore. Adam will run away with it. Kris will come in second. Danny a very lame third.

Adam is very talented but I wonder if he really has any chance at wide appeal. He is such an odd combination, the pretty bad boy but gay. I wonder if he would have any lasting appeal as a pop singer? Maybe he'll find a bigger role in musical theatre. He's really perfect in that area with his over the top performances.

I didn't watch the results show, but I am not really surprised that Allison lost. I never understood the appeal of Allison, sure she could sing but no real personality, and horrible fashion sense.

I think Adam will easily win the contest and will produce a platinum record. Danny will come in second, and Chris a distant 3rd. i am not sure either Danny or Chris will have much of future in the music industry, although I certainly can see Chris as the lead singer for a boy band.

I guess this difference in a opinion is why the show is so popular. Although, my interest has flagged in the last month just because I think the winner is obvious.

Why does everyone assume Adam is the winner when Danny is the only one never to have been in the bottom 3. I think Adams followers are Adam followers, could it be that others are 'anyone but Adam' followers.

I think Adam will be very successful. He is causing an international sensation. The Adam Lambert forum on the Idol website has easily five times as many posts as any of the others and I'd guess about 30% are from overseas, particularly Europe, Canada and Australia. Adam's songs have sold more i-tunes downloads than Danny and Kris combined and he has tremendous appeal to a wide age group. At this point, it really doesn't matter who wins, but of the final 3, I predict Danny and Kris will fade away and Adam will skyrocket.

If find the "phony" comments very curious. He doesn't impress me as phony, just smart and professional. People who have worked with him before Idol talk about him being dependable, hard working, and easy to get along with. He's the kind of person who shows up on time, has his performance memorized, and supports the production crew and other performers. On the show, he is respectful and mannerly when talking to the judges and the other contestants consider him the "camp counselor". He has a healthy relationship with his parents and little brother and impresses me someone who is comfortable with himself.

I think Adam's done his best to play by Idol's rules without losing himself in the process. Perhaps that's why some question his authenticity. On stage, he is something quite different than "real life", but this reminds me of how Elvis and Michael Jackson had powerful stage personalities but were so different when not performing.

Here he is on the cover of the next issue of Entertainment Weekly. I find it sad they still have to discuss the "gay issue".

Attachments

• Adam Lambert Ent Wkly.jpg
    Adam Lambert Ent Wkly.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1
Why does everyone assume Adam is the winner when Danny is the only one never to have been in the bottom 3. I think Adams followers are Adam followers, could it be that others are 'anyone but Adam' followers.

For me, it's not all about the winner. It's all about the music, and that is why I miss ANOOP!!! :2funny: And, I will miss Allison, and Matt. I would have been in heaven if Simon had announced that Anoop, Matt, Allison, Danny, Kris, and Adam would all be co-winners and would all be singing every single week until next year's AI begins.

Adam is theatrical . I've been around some Broadway musicians and actors ( friends of my son ) and they act on and off the stage . As for Danny he's boring with a capital B and how he escaped the bottom three is beyond me . I'd like Adam to win but it does not really matter . He's going to be successful whether he is the winner or not .

Adam is theatrical . I've been around some Broadway musicians and actors ( friends of my son ) and they act on and off the stage . As for Danny he's boring with a capital B and how he escaped the bottom three is beyond me . I'd like Adam to win but it does not really matter . He's going to be successful whether he is the winner or not .

Fastinating. Is your son involved with Broadway? Oh, and I coudn't agree with you more about Danny. *yawn*

"Danny Gokey Day" is in full swing in Milwaukee today, they are putting out the red carpet for him 100%.........:)

Danny and Chris sound like watered down versions of way too many artists. Adam and Allison are the real future American idols not sure why America would vote for Danny and Chris over Allison:confused:

Excellent point! I really think (hope!) that Chris may surprise us next week.

"Danny Gokey Day" is in full swing in Milwaukee today, they are putting out the red carpet for him 100%.........:)

He had a free concert in Milwaukee today that reportedly drew upwards of 20,000 people!

Excellent point! I really think (hope!) that Chris may surprise us next week.

I thought Kris did an absolutely wonderful job with that very difficult Beatles song last week, much better than Adam or Danny, but apparently I didn't hear the same vocals as did the rest of the universe. :LOL:

It seems to me that Simon doesn't think much of Kris. Because of that, I am thinking that either Adam or Danny is going to be the winner.

I don't have any reason to think the show is rigged, but Simon seems very insightful and influential because it seems like people he disses usually don't do very well.

Sometimes i also have issues as to whether the show is rigged. I've often wondered how the show verifies the accuracy of its phone in votes,a system wide open to manipulation and deceit ..

I found out some interesting things about Danny Gokey on his various interviews last Friday:

1)All he sang before American Idol was gospel music. Almost ALL the songs he sang this year he never HEARD of before. That is a HUGE contrast to most of the other contestants, who have been singing rock or popular music for a long time.

2)He likes Paula but admits at times he doesn't understand what she's saying.....:)

3)He thinks Simon gives good feedback, but you have to read between the lines to know what he's REALLY saying.

4)Win or lose, he has no regrets, but he was very clear in saying: "I want to win"......

5)Almost 20,000 people showed up for a 40 minute concert he gave in town.......

Adam probably will win, but Danny will have a good career in music. Obviously, he could do ballads, a Christian album, and of course, hopefully, a Christmas album. I think that would sell well......

I am sure Allison, Kris, Matt, and Scott McIntyre will get albums. Not sure about Lil Rounds.......

Great show !They all did great ! I'm not a Danny fan but he was good tonight and Kris was good and Adam was good so whoever wins deserves it .

Great show !They all did great ! I'm not a Danny fan but he was good tonight and Kris was good and Adam was good so whoever wins deserves it .

They ALL will have recording careers, that's for sure.......:D

Why is Simon wearing this white Hanes (or is it Jockey) V-neck undershirt as a with stains (or is it Paula's makeup)?

Why is Simon wearing this white Hanes (or is it Jockey) V-neck undershirt as a with stains (or is it Paula's makeup)?

Simon only wears three colors, white, grey, and black........:)

I wish Simon and Paula would keep their horniness contained until after the show, they are like a couple of hormonal teenagers in the back seat of a Chevy........:rolleyes:

Adam probably will win, but Danny and kris are fighters.......:D

Danny's second song last night might have been the best vocal of the year for him.......:D

Danny's second song last night might have been the best vocal of the year for him.......:D

It was fantastic! His rendition of "You Are So Beautiful to Me" was my favorite performance of the evening. If I had voted, it would have been for Danny on the basis of that song. But really, they were all so close that it's hard to say who will win.

Adam got carried away with his high notes (he seems to think that's his thing, because he didn't do it in every performance in the beginning, but now seems like he does) - that version of ONE was terrible...

when our family sings karaoke, we can do a heavy metal version or pirate version of most songs and Adam seems like he'd fit in our karaoke sessions with his heavy metal high notes.

I don't think he'll sound too good on the radio - on the other hand you'll want to hear chris and danny's songs on the radio...

I like chris the best...

Adam got carried away with his high notes (he seems to think that's his thing, because he didn't do it in every performance in the beginning, but now seems like he does) - that version of ONE was terrible...

when our family sings karaoke, we can do a heavy metal version or pirate version of most songs and Adam seems like he'd fit in our karaoke sessions with his heavy metal high notes.

I don't think he'll sound too good on the radio - on the other hand you'll want to hear chris and danny's songs on the radio...

I like chris the best...

I like Kris but he doesn't have the chops of Danny or Adam. Danny's 2nd song last night was the type of performance I have not seen enough of these past few weeks. He knocked that song out of the park.......:D

Back
Top Bottom