American Idol

I think Anoop and Jorge should go home. Micheal and Megan are also possibilities.

Anoop for me, and a toss up between Matt and Micheal, with Jasmine leaving soon also.

[-]Jorge Nunez 25:1
Jasmine Murray 30:1[/-]

Megan and Anoop just missed getting the ax. Sarver stays safe in a bit of a surprise, although his performance next week was much-improved.

I didn't see those cuts coming ... hard to account for the sympathy vote after the judges cut them to shreds. There's always next week.

If Anoop lasts another week he's this years Sanjaya. He was by far the worst yet he made it while Jasmine, someone who can actually sing, got eliminated.

If Anoop lasts another week he's this years Sanjaya. He was by far the worst yet he made it while Jasmine, someone who can actually sing, got eliminated.

I was surprised that Jasmine was eliminated too, but some of her notes were painfully flat. Maybe she is having difficulty hearing the music on this big stage.

I was surprised that Jasmine was eliminated too, but some of her notes were painfully flat. Maybe she is having difficulty hearing the music on this big stage.

One thing i've learned over the years that Jasmine obviously hasn't is don't sing a Mariah Carey song unless you really nail it because you'll almost always get eliminated.

Anoop can sing, Sanjaya couldn't. Hey, at least the psycho Tatiana is gone, I could NOT handle another Whitney Houston song.......:nonono:

Country Week on Idol

OK, this week the contestants will be choosing songs from the Grand Olde Opry. Who do you think will do very well, very poorly or give a surprise performance?

I'm guessing Anoop will struggle and Danny will hit it out of the ballpark. I think the surprise performance will come from Allison - only 16, tagged as a rocker, but I can imagine her doing an awesome job if she picks a song by someone like Patsy Kline. Of course I will continue to root for Adam, but don't think tomorrow night will be his.

Idol stuff

Are you guys serious?? Megan is AWFUL as a singer!! She is very cute but she can NOT sing -- Rockin' Robin was truly awful as a song choice. Adam may look strange but he is truly talented, as is Danny. Those two guys will be in the final, I predict. BTW, I am not Dean, but his DW -- maybe I don't like Megan 'cause I'm not a guy!!??

I predict disaster for many of the contestants, especially those raised in a big city. It's not easy to pull off a slow tempo country torch song without being compared - unfavorably - to the original.

Best strategy for those who don't have an ear for the right amount of "twang"? Pick a little-known song with a memorable title.

Something like:

• Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Daddy's Head)
  • If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
  • I Wake Up Every Morning Just To Say Goodnight to You
  • I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here
  • How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
Predictions: country boy Sarver will sail through this week. Adam will be dressed like Porter Waggoner and get a "it didn't work for me, dawg" comment from Randy. Guitar guy (can't remember his name) will be in the bottom group. Megan takes my advice and sails through on the strength of her touching rendition of "You're the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly".

I predict disaster for many of the contestants, especially those raised in a big city. It's not easy to pull off a slow tempo country torch song without being compared - unfavorably - to the original.

Best strategy for those who don't have an ear for the right amount of "twang"? Pick a little-known song with a memorable title.

Something like:

• Mama Get A Hammer (There's A Fly On Daddy's Head)
  • If The Phone Don't Ring, You'll Know It's Me
  • I Wake Up Every Morning Just To Say Goodnight to You
  • I'm So Miserable Without You; It's Like Having You Here
  • How Can I Miss You If You Won't Go Away?
Predictions: country boy Sarver will sail through this week. Adam will be dressed like Porter Waggoner and get a "it didn't work for me, dawg" comment from Randy. Guitar guy (can't remember his name) will be in the bottom group. Megan takes my advice and sails through on the strength of her touching rendition of "You're the Reason Our Kids Are So Ugly".

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
You have a future writing snarky reviews of TV shows.

The thought of Adam dressed up like Porter Waggoner is hysterical:ROFLMAO:
But who knows? Adam did say "hair, makeup and wardrobe" were his best friends in a recent interview:

YouTube - American Idol Top 13: Adam Lambert

Adam has talent, but the oversinging has got to stop, the USA has PLENTY of head bangers, we don't need another Quiet Riot or Metallica........;)

If Danny Gokey picks the rigth country song, he'll make Paula cry.......:LOL:

I think I am in the minority, but I like Kara.....plus, she's way hotter than Paula........:cool:

Adam has talent, but the oversinging has got to stop, the USA has PLENTY of head bangers, we don't need another Quiet Riot or Metallica........;)

I think I am in the minority, but I like Kara.....plus, she's way hotter than Paula........:cool:

It is a bit scary how much we agree on Idol FD, especially about Kara.

At the beginning of the year, I predicted that Paula would by gone from Idol at the end of the year. (This was before I even knew that a 4th judge was going to be added to the show) I think 4 is an awkward number of judges, and Kara actually has intelligent comments and looks great making them. Of course my other prediction is Dow 12,200. :banghead:

I have high hopes for Danny tonight. He has a wonderful voice and could really do very well. It's all about song choice. I would pick one of those wonderful county heartbeakers for Danny. Might have me in tears along with Paula.

I really liked Megan's "Rockin Robin". Don't understand why anyone would dislike it! She sings very well.

Also, I LOVE Allison! What a powerhouse in a 16 yr old. She can even sing country. Both young women are totally original.

Almost all the others are so conventional and really fit neatly into a pedictable niche: The Motown singer, the backstreet guy, the rocker. OMG, Adam can sing but is so theatrical. I think his hair is awful too. I hope he leaves soon. :nonono:

***Actually, I changed my mind about Adam tonight. I really liked the way he sang "ring of fire" , weird and very contemporay!

Anoop Dog! He was fabulous, singing the Willie Nelson song "You were always on my mind," a great song. I think he's going to be one of my favorites now. Anoop!

Well, tonight's country show wasn't the complete train wreck I feared. A few performances were quite good, but several were really weak.

Sorry, ladies, but tonight I put Adam firmly in the latter category. Listening to him tonight, I kept thinking of this picture as I wondered what Johnny Cash would have thought...:mad:

(edited for family viewing)

Attachments

• johnny.JPG
    johnny.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 68
Oops, sorry. I missed it again. I had to watch Jurassic Park III for the 5th time, or I'd have been there for sure. :whistle:

Adam pretty much decided he wasn't going to sing in a country style, even though he had to sing a country song. He was very creative. I think he demonstrated that although he is cute, he is bullheaded and not very flexible.

I absolutely loved Anoop and I think he proved himself. I also loved Alexis's version of "Jolene" - - I think the judges were pretty harsh with her and I would have voted for her, though I don't ever vote.

I was pleased and surprised to hear Lil trying so hard to get out of the R&B and sing country, even though she wasn't comfortable with it, but it was almost as though the judges criticized her for trying. They didn't like the first part of the song and weren't happy until she was belting out strongly at the end. But to me, it was a strength that she at least TRIED to sing in a gentler, country style. She tried, Adam did not, and neither one is very flexible but I give her credit for trying.

Danny was very good but not as clearly outstanding as I expected. Still, he was one of the best. Allison was, too!!

I thought Michael Sarver was not among the best. He has GOT to go this time. Ugh. Also, I would have thought that Kris would have done better since he is from Arkansas. I am sure he has heard plenty of country growing up, and could have done better with it.

Overall, I just absolutely enjoy watching American Idol and listening to the contestants sing their hearts out. I could listen to these 11 contestants every night for six months and enjoy every minute of it. They are all terrific.

Last edited:
Adam was horrible. He showed nothing that would give reason for him to continue but I know he won't go anywhere for at least a couple more weeks. Danny was the best. I agree it was a little 'iffy' at first but then he was great. I have to admit Anoop was much improved and one of the best this week. Matt was also quite good. Difficult to predict a bottom 3. I'd guess Allison might be going home with Micheal and Alexis joining him in the bottom 3. Wouldn't be surprised to see Megan or Scott in the bottom 3 either. Tough to predict.

Sorry, ladies, but tonight I put Adam firmly in the latter category. Listening to him tonight, I kept thinking of this picture as I wondered what Johnny Cash would have thought...:mad:

I'm not so sure Johnny Cash would have hated Adam's version. Johnny was a rebel and not your typical country star at all. I thought about Johnny's last great performance before he passed away - his cover of the Nine Inch Nail's song "Hurt". For anyone not familiar with Nine Inch Nails, suffice it to say they are about as far from Nashville as you can get. Yet Johnny made this song his own and received critical acclaim for his performance of it at the Country Music Awards. Naturally, we will never know, but Johnny may have liked how Adam did the same thing with “Ring of Fire”.

Adam was horrible. He showed nothing that would give reason for him to continue but I know he won't go anywhere for at least a couple more weeks. Danny was the best. I agree it was a little 'iffy' at first but then he was great. I have to admit Anoop was much improved and one of the best this week. Matt was also quite good. Difficult to predict a bottom 3. I'd guess Allison might be going home with Micheal and Alexis joining him in the bottom 3. Wouldn't be surprised to see Megan or Scott in the bottom 3 either. Tough to predict.

I agree about Adam. He was awful. I really, really like Anoop right now. Matt was good, but as usual I seem to also find his performances to be quite forgettable. I don't know why that is. I would really like to see Michael going home. I don't like Megan either, but I suspect she is going to get some sympathy vote due to singing with the flu.

Megan is good looking and an average singer. My question is 'Can she move?'. While most of the others have moved around the stage at some part she comes to the mike, does a robot twist, and sings. Absolutely no stage personality.

Back
Top Bottom