Another appliance thread

HFWR

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
As part of [-]pushing back ER[/-] a kitchen remodel, it's time to pick appliances. Lowe's has a "suite" by Frigidaire Gallery. Anyone have experience with this brand? Any and all opinions will be [-]ignored[/-] welcome! :D.

I have no experience with this brand. What does Consumer Reports say about the models you are considering? I would rely on their opinion more than on the opinion of a few random posts on a message board... :whistle:

I have no experience with this brand. What does Consumer Reports say about the models you are considering? I would rely on their opinion more than on the opinion of a few random posts on a message board... :whistle:

But you never know where a thread might lead... :LOL:

I would rely on their opinion more than on the opinion of a few random posts on a message board... :whistle:
I agree...so far I've made 4586 posts to prove that point. :police:

But you never know where a thread might lead... :LOL:
Are you speaking of innuendos? Well, I never!

Ok...maybe once or twice. :angel:

The only brand I can say do not buy is Maytag . I bought a Maytag oven,microwave and dishwasher and they all have had problems . The lonely Maytag repairman is no longer lonely he's at my house .

I've heard in the past year...

Stay away from Amana (from a refrigerator/freezer repairman)

Whirlpool - good

Maytag - bad, even if they used to be good

I hate my Maytag Neptune washer & dryer (first generation front load - ill-designed, doesn't completely drain around opening, creating a musty smell).

Amana went through some serious problems following their purchase by Goodman in 1997. Goodman kept the air conditioning division and Whirlpool now manufactures Amana home appliances. As I understand it they have since turned things around and now make a reliable product, possibly due to the Whirlpool manufacturing change.

Unfortunately we bought an Amana refrigerator during the time their quality control was in the toilet. We've had a number of problems with it including a failure of the compressor. Luckily that happened during the warranty period and cost nothing to repair - although it was a major inconvenience.

I thought Maytag was only recently bought by Whirlpool ??

we just finished a remodel and I read CUs reports and used them as a guide when shopping but found that I ended up making choices based on a number of factors (including CU). Price, availability, features, appearance, repair record and ease of future repair all played an important part in the decision process. We ended up with a Samsung fridge, Jennaire range, electrolux dishwasher and Frigidaire microwave. This sounds like a hodgepodge but they all have the same finish and go well together.

I used this forum when I was remodeling my kitchen to get some ideas:

Appliances Forum - GardenWeb

I am doing a kitchen remodel of another condo and am considering the Frigidaire Professional Series slide in range.

Can't believe the posts that say they don't know the Frigidaire brand. Used to be the biggest selling appliance in the country. Back when, it was a division of General Motors with headquarters in Dayton, Ohio. They sold it off in the 80's (?) to White Manufacturing. Consumers Report buyers guide rates that brand all over the map depending on whch type apliance you are considering. I'm like Moemg, don't know if I'd put ALL my faith in Consumers Report but what else is out there for a guide?

Back
Top Bottom