The History of Early-Retirement.org

I believe she came back about a month later with one final post to "wish us well". :cool:
I notice that her blog seems to have gone dark since last August. Anyone know of an update, or did that host shut her down like Google did?

Here is the Christmas version, my present to everyone here on E-R-org.:D
(some of you deserve coal, but I'm working on that, too...) ;)

YouTube - Christmas Badgers

Speaking of badgers... There was a great poster over in the Motley Fool, during the time of Dory, Intercst and me :). He went by the handle Badger. He later went on to start 72t.net and is an expert on the subject.

Did he ever join this board?

I notice that her blog seems to have gone dark since last August. Anyone know of an update, or did that host shut her down like Google did?

I did the same thing Nords - went to her blog and noticed the last update was in August. Interesting how MMND was here for a short period of time yet many of us remember her clearly. Lots of others have come and gone in a similiar fashion.

BTW, what happened with Google shutting her down? I don't recall hearing about that.

Darn, you made me look. Can't help but comment that on her m...m...n...d.....com site back in August she was offering "Financial Freedom life coaching" for

$90 for 30 minutes
$165 per hour
$590 package: (4) 1 hour sessions

Attachments

• badgercoal.jpg
    badgercoal.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 22
Darn, you made me look. Can't help but comment that on her m...m...n...d.....com site back in August she was offering "Financial Freedom life coaching" for

$90 for 30 minutes
$165 per hour
$590 package: (4) 1 hour sessions

Ah, yes, MMND. Quite a "special" individual. I always wondered what she was selling (aside from her ego).

Hysterical to go back and read twaddle defending her. Almost reads like a shill.

I was a moderator at the time. There was at least as much background messaging between MMND and the moderators trying to help her fit in and perhaps tone down her style.
Wow. It should not have been so hard for her to figure out. Just take it easy, just take it slow, no need to worry, 'til the sireens blow...

Ha

Ah, I remember the Retire Early forum on the Motley Fool website. I was one of the ones who stopped reading it after they started charging for it. :)

I enjoyed REW's post. It should be made a "sticky" thread.

I read that thread too. X-treme thread hijacking, that one!

I lurked during the TMF days, until they wanted to charge for it. Later I found the intercst REHP site and lurked there and then lurked here for a few years until I finally joined. Here's a question for the old timers -- did people at one time (maybe in the TMF days) use a tagline "_____ since 1902", like "snorting bacon since 1902" or "investing in annuities since 1902" or something like that? I seem to recall that, but it may have been elsewhere.

I lurked during the TMF days, until they wanted to charge for it. Later I found the intercst REHP site and lurked there and then lurked here for a few years until I finally joined. Here's a question for the old timers -- did people at one time (maybe in the TMF days) use a tagline "_____ since 1902", like "snorting bacon since 1902" or "investing in annuities since 1902" or something like that? I seem to recall that, but it may have been elsewhere.

Made me look. I did a search for "since 1902" and this one (#37) popped up: http://www.early-retirement.org/for...e-more-people-posting-14046-2.html#post262340

And one of the coolest thiings about this forum is that you can read threads as old as this--started in July 2003! When dinosaurs roamed the financial landscape.

Last edited:

That phrase (and I thought it was 1901) was from the TMF Early Retirement board. Never saw it used here.

I got a free membership when the charged for TMF so I kept posting until it went downhill.

Posting made up facts on internet discussion boards since 1901.

Thanks for posting the history.

As one of probably many resident lurkers I appreciated being filled in on some of the back story.

As for mmnd; I am left with a headache.

To many more years!

I first got serious about RE in early 2007, and I also read the article in Fortune regarding Nords. Once I found this site in Jan '10, I knew I had to log on. Thanks to everyone for the wealth of information and experience that is shared here! It took me a couple of months to put 2&2 together and realize that Nords was the guy I had read about a few years ago!

Back
Top Bottom