Another high profile person gets fired for his twitter remark.

Certainly not the typical NFL response....

Boy, how in the world do guys like him ever get that far up the food chain? This is one for the national Darwin Awards.

Boy, how in the world do guys like him ever get that far up the food chain?

He didn't learn to tweet until recently :). PGA I believe is a male dominated org., and golf a male dominated sport. But don't they realize it's the women who allow men to play golf on weekend?

I don't know anything about this guy or much about the PGA for that matter. But we have all said or done something stupid, sexist, racist, or whateverist in our life. What bothers me is that everyone is so anxious to throw someone under the bus for a single statement rather than the body of their life's work. Must be a lot of sinless people out there because there is sure has been a lot of stone casting lately.

No golfer here, nor do I know much about PGA let alone Ted Bishop.

But in reading his tactless comment about whatever incidence, I wonder if he would be called sexist if he was ranting about a male golfer as "a little boy".

I heard today that lawyers in Saudi Arabia were jailed for tweeting critiques of their justice system.

But in reading his tactless comment about whatever incidence, I wonder if he would be called sexist if he was ranting about a male golfer as "a little boy".

He wouldn't have had a problem if he had called the whiner a gender neutral term such as a child or a baby. Since little children and babies whine and cry, he could have made his point without being so offensive.

But I think it's stupid for anyone to get fired for one dumb remark. If that were the case, no one would be working. Not one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

He wouldn't have had a problem if he had called the whiner a gender neutral term such as a child or a baby. Since little children and babies whine and cry, he could have made his point without being so offensive.

But I think it's stupid for anyone to get fired for one dumb remark. If that were the case, no one would be working. Not one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Except this guy repeated what he said in tweeter in his FB as well. If you read both in the context, it is worse than his calling a player "Lil, girl." Golf is a declining sports that is dominated by 95% men. It's not the best comment to come out of head of PGA given the state of golf.

For sure, if he posted such dumb remark in this forum, he would have been likely warned by moderators here.

It seems that the punishment far exceeds the crime in this instance. He should have just said that Ian Poulter dresses like a girl (which he does). Don't like it? Go ahead, FIRE me. :D

Way overboard. If he had said someone was "running wild like a little boy", would he have gotten sacked? Why not? Surely the characterization of little boys as "running around wildly" is just as harmful and "sexist" as saying someone "cried like a little girl."

Because we all know there's absolutely no difference in the way little boys and little girls tend to behave.

He wouldn't have had a problem if he had called the whiner a gender neutral term such as a child or a baby. Since little children and babies whine and cry, he could have made his point without being so offensive...

Then, he would have been called a misopedist.

Don't be such a lil' girl about it!:angel:

Yeah, go make love to yourself, little boy :angel:.

( Sexist comment or not, why would a man who is in such high position call a professional golfer lil girl, weeping school girl in Tweeter & FB for the entire world to see? If someone just called you out like that for everyone in the world to see, I'd think you'd not be saying "don't be such a lil girl about it. Our names are all hidden and we post what we like and get away with it. But in this particular case, that was not the case. )

Last edited:
Way overboard. If he had said someone was "running wild like a little boy", would he have gotten sacked? Why not? Surely the characterization of little boys as "running around wildly" is just as harmful and "sexist" as saying someone "cried like a little girl."

Because we all know there's absolutely no difference in the way little boys and little girls tend to behave.

Yeah, but it isn't the first time that someone got sacked for saying something like that. Someone in that position should have known better given all the past firings for what media and others viewed as inappropriate.

Oh, I read further down the article, and only now learn that the person the insult was aimed at is not a woman but a man.

That changes things. It put little girls at less than little boys, and I understand now why that got him in trouble.

Better be careful about calling people names.

Last edited:
Oh, I read further down the article, and only now learn that the person the insult was aimed at is not a woman but a man.

That changes things. It put little girls at less than little boys, and I understand now why that got him in trouble.

Better be careful about calling people names.

He also said "sounds like a little school girl squealing during recess" to the same prominent European golfer. The golfer took it well given the comments.

Anyone remember that famous putdown that ended all the putdowns in the movie Sandlot? How things have changed. :cool:

Last edited:
I have to look it up. Must be this scene.

Yes you got it. Actually, one of my favorite movies, lots of inside jokes for those of us who grew up during that period. I still remember putting on my new PF Flyers and running up and down the street to see if I really could run faster. And I was convinced I could!

The pendulum has swung way too far over to one side of the PC scale IMHO.
You must watch everything you do and say, and everything you don’t do and say, otherwise there will be someone somewhere to cry foul!
:fingerwag:
Now that being said, he is really stupid for not thinking twice about posting what he posted. It is very easy to find yourself "6 feet under" when you are the one digging the grave for them!
:uglystupid:

I'm having trouble seeing why it's such a big deal. We have the head of the PGA responding to criticism of US players by a Brit. A comment likening him to "crying like a girl at recess" seems pretty mild and was more of a way of minimalizing the comment. How it crosses the line into "sexism" escapes me. I'm thinking the PC police have gone off the reservation on this one. (Pun intended!)

Back
Top Bottom