Another Misleading Headline

RANT (consider yourself warned)

I have no problem with someone saying “The president should be impeached because, he violated the constitution, he committed a crime i.e. perjury, he stole, he ease dropped on U.S. citizens without a warrant.” There are checks and balances in our government and they should be allowed to work. President Clinton was impeached by the House, and tried by the Senate and found Not Guilty. That is how things are suppose to work. Not tried in the press.

Every 4 years we have the opportunity to change the executive branch of government. If your side looses, you work to change it next time. Making derogatory statements about a settings president’s brain being in his ass, or how stupid he is, or other personal inflammatory statements IMHO is not the way a civilized society should behave.

It has become popular to attack the President on a personal level. Do you really believe a man that graduates from Yale, then a Master’s from Harvard, runs an oil company, a major league ball club, state governor, and President of the U.S. is stupid. You may disagree with his decisions, his policies, his governing style, but to imply he is stupid… well is just stupid.

I may be naïve, but I figure that those in power quite often have access to intelligence I don’t. That often they are forced to make decisions I don’t understand, and may not agree with. However, I have learned through the years that administrations come and go. If an administration is too far off base the next will surely expose it. Many of the policies of the Johnson administration were lambasted by Nixon, however, he changed very few of his policies, as Carter changed little of Nixon, and so on. Maybe they know something we don’t or maybe you think most Hollywood stars without high school diplomas are smarter.

I am not concerned about Home Land Security reading my post. I do not loose sleep over the police storming my house and taking my guns. I do worry that we are one of the most competitive nations on earth, and we want to win at all cost and can not see the harm caused by public statements.

We are at war! We have soldiers in harms way! During the Vietnam War, the enemy realized they could win on the streets of the U.S. what they could not win on the battlefield. That put U.S. soldiers in harms way, and I lost friends. I currently have a son serving in the military. So I take some of these statement personally. I see harm in them even if you don’t. So there is the problem. How to you protest current policies without giving aid and comfort to the enemy and in turn placing our troops in harms way. In the past it was the voting booth i.e. Eisenhower over Truman. Today, it appears to be an all out onslaught on ones personal character in the press.

So now you know why I am not laughing at what I consider crude jokes that denigrate the Office.

RANT OVER.

Back
Top Bottom