Another reason to retire early ...

Bad bad bad... and that's the type of work I do =(

Note to self - FIRE by 51 and reduce w*rk now!

Sounds like an argument against "just one more year".

I think the saddest part of this story is to me it signifies how people look but don't really see those around them, something I am guilty of. I wonder how many people walked past her on numerous occasions after she died and never noticed she hadn't moved. Obviously no stopped to ask if she wanted to have a cup of coffee or what she was doing on the weekend. Just a sign of our disengagement from those around us.

brings a lot of things into perspective for me, thank you for posting. makes me feel pretty darn silly about much of the cr*p I fret about.

I wondered where that smell was coming from

I just checked the cubicle next to mine. There is a dead worker in there all dyhydrated now.

Looks like he's been dead for months. Good thing they have that auto-deposit of your paycheck. I'd better call human resources.

And I wondered where that smell was coming from !

As I understand it, the woman who died at her desk is not offended that her co-workers didn't notice. So no harm, no foul (get it?).

And I checked all my co-workers when I left today, they were all alive. Life is good...

Had a guy die at work who was trying to make 40 years service. He didn't. Not at his desk but could have been.

I can't help thinking that being able to blend into the woodwork can be a positive attribute, too. At my workplace one of the quiet ones just did not show up for a couple of days. Nobody questioned it and everybody just assumed it was their days off. I noticed it and got a good chuckle...and kept my mouth shut. When I get shorter, I may give it a try, too.

Back
Top Bottom