another thing we can all feel guilty about, eating chocolate

Most third-world countries still have living conditions and social responsibilities similar to the 1300s - 1800s.

The best we can do is to try to help them develop. Education and economic progress is the best cure.

You point out cocoa. But many countries in Africa and other developing nations are not much better. Look at India.

My bananas and chocolate are fair trade. I'm not sure how much it helps, but it seems worth the little extra in cost.

My bananas and chocolate are fair trade. I'm not sure how much it helps, but it seems worth the little extra in cost.

Same here. I'm not sure either, but it feels better than ignoring the issue. Same thing for organic, which I do believe makes a difference for people and the environment both.

Wish I had seen this earlier today!! I ate my first chocolate bar in probably ten years this afternoon. :p

At least it was no sugar added (but 360 calories!) >:D >:D >:D And it was soooooooo good... Belgian dark chocolate. I could eat one every day, if I could eat one every day, y'know? But I can't. I guess one every 10 years isn't that bad.

I feel badly if it caused human suffering or was produced by child labor.

Back
Top Bottom