Any Fans of Netflix House of Cards?

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
Just finished second season. I am hoping it is fiction, but worried about how much might be accurate. Already looking forward to where they are going with season three. Kevin Spacey has it nailed. Robin Wright is an ice storm. What do you think about it?

Just finished second season. I am hoping it is fiction, but worried about how much might be accurate. Already looking forward to where they are going with season three. Kevin Spacey has it nailed. Robin Wright is an ice storm. What do you think about it?

House of Cards is one of the few reasons I will probably resubscribe to Netlfix soon.

When I first search for House of Cards, I found the original British version. I watched about the 1/2 a season. I thoroughly enjoyed it, but like a lot of British drama it is a slower action than an American show.

I kept thinking, I am really amazed that this show is so popular in the US. I'm pretty knowledgeable about Parliament for an American, but some of this is hard to follow. I finally googled it and found "Oh there is an American version of the show, with Kevin Spacey.."

one of my favorite all time shows..so well written and played! when will season 3 premiere?

Watched all 26(?) episodes in a single, rainy weekend.

I enjoy it as well. While fiction, IMHO the types of behind the scenes dealings portrayed, based on my experiences with folks in the government, are realistic.

Watched all 26(?) episodes in a single, rainy weekend.

You instantly killed my guilt for going on binge watching television series sometimes. I never went beyond one season of anything in a weekend. I don't feel like an antisocial freak anymore ;)

Thank you :LOL:

The Netflix version is quite well done, but does stretch out the events. I guess that's good for ratings and profits.

The British version is shorter, about 6 episodes if I recall correctly. And, it is very good. You can watch it, there are a few spoilers. For example you will know that the nasty politician is going to [-]spoiler deleted[/-]. And I am wondering if they will end the American version like the British version. That was a surprise. ;)

HoC Season 2 was too dark and dreary for me, the storyline rarely took a breather from manipulation and one-upsmanship. Doubt I'll watch another season unless reviews indicate less negativity.

I liked Season 1 ok, but I felt like I would be fine if it ended there. Then I enjoyed the beginning of Season 2 immensely but it quickly devolved into silliness for me and I doubt Season 3 will be able to hook me...but I am always open to trying ( certainly not quite as open as Frank Underwood!-those who have seen Season 2 will know what I mean)--so I will probably check it out.

Breaking Bad has spoiled me for TV serial drama...nothing can really match it for me right now.

Back
Top Bottom