Any interest in a SW FL E-R.org get-together?

I'm in for sure. Hurricane Charley's unless someone comes up with a better suggestion. 1 PM? Hmm...they don't seem to take reservations. Take our chances or try someplace else? The River City Grill has good reviews, takes reservations, but doesn't have the views. Either is fine by me. I don't mind waiting at HC's if that's where people want to go. Since it's all about meeting up hanging around waiting wouldn't be a problem unless anyone is time constrained.

If y'all haven't figured it out yet, I'm not much of an organizer.

ok.. Hurricane Charley's at 1PM unless someone comes up with a better idea.
Moemg and simple girl and anyone else attending from Sarasota area... PM me if you are interested in car pooling.

Hurricane Charley's at 1PM on Saturday, April 1...

Let's meet at Hurricane Charley's on Saturday April 1, at 1 pm. http://hurricanecharleys.com/

I've been busy with guests and have only now had time to get back to this.:hide:

Glad to hear you're joining us, simple girl.

At last count, we had harley, Lagniappe, bigcmagor, moemg, pb4uski and me...plus, now, simple girl. :dance: How awesome...7 folks!!!

harley -- did you ever hear back from Khan?

If everyone can sort of "check in" here (indicating that they plan to attend) before Saturday, we'll know who all to expect.

Anyone care to make name tags out of used dryer sheets (that we can pin on)? :LOL:

omni

Last edited:
Me! I'm in. Tall, bald, bearded, somewhat over-weight white guy. I'll wear my dusky rose String Cheese Incident t-shirt so you can recognize me. Plus I'll be driving a 15 year old lime green diesel VW Beetle.

Sorry, according to Khan's profile she hasn't been on the site since Feb. so she wouldn't have received my email.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hello!!!

I plan to be there, and maybe hubby if he makes it home from w*rk in time.

I don't use dryer sheets :LOL:, but I can bring some name tags.

I'll be there.

I'll swing by a dollar store and get a helium balloon. That will help identify "our tribe"....and our table. :D

omni

So, you're all getting together on April Fools Day. Good choice. :)

Photos, please :)

I've never been to Hurricane Charley's. It's on Charlotte Harbor and has some outdoor dining areas.

As we'll be having a good-sized group attending :greetings10:, availability of larger tables might be limited, especially on a weekend.

For anyone who is sun-sensitive and/or sun-smart, please consider bringing/wearing sunscreen, hat, shades, sleeves, etc....as I have no idea where we'll end up being seated.

While I'm thinking about it, does anyone have such sun-sensitivity that we MUST be seated indoors?

omni

Tall, bald, bearded, somewhat over-weight white guy...driving a 15 year old lime green diesel VW Beetle.

I'm sure you've changed a few details in the interest of internet security. You're actually female, 35, dark hair, dark eyes, body like Sophia Loren in her prime, driving a 2017 yellow Lamborghini.

I can't make it - I hope y'all have fun. 😎

A possible glitch in my participating... I "tweaked" my back earlier today... I swung my foot up onto a golf bag stand to make it easier to tie and did something... painful now... but I have done something similar before and sometimes it goes away in a day or two.... so in NFL speak I am "questionable"... I'm hoping that with a day and a half of rest I'll be comfortable with the idea of a couple hours in a car to make it to the meet.

I think I'll know more in 24 hours.

A possible glitch in my participating... I "tweaked" my back earlier today... I swung my foot up onto a golf bag stand to make it easier to tie and did something... painful now... but I have done something similar before and sometimes it goes away in a day or two.... so in NFL speak I am "questionable"... I'm hoping that with a day and a half of rest I'll be comfortable with the idea of a couple hours in a car to make it to the meet.

I think I'll know more in 24 hours.

Hope you're feeling better. It would be great if you can make it. I've often found that a liberal application of alcohol (taken internally) can act as a decent muscle relaxer.

Thanks. Already tried that... Helped some. Hot showers help too.

Based on how I feel this morning I think it is more likely than not that I will attend. I'll make a final decision tomorrow morning.

Based on how I feel this morning I think it is more likely than not that I will attend. I'll make a final decision tomorrow morning.

So sorry to hear about your back. It is crazy how easy it is to flare one's back up. Been there, done that! Hope it feels better soon!

Hope you're feeling better. It would be great if you can make it. I've often found that a liberal application of alcohol (taken internally) can act as a decent muscle relaxer.

So sorry to hear about your back. It is crazy how easy it is to flare one's back up. Been there, done that! Hope it feels better soon!

Hey, this should work out just fine: simple girl is a physical therapist and you have a bad back. Match made in heaven. You can get a massage as Harley watches while eating and drinking his lunch.

Today's the day....

pb4uski - Hope your back is feeling better today. :flowers:

--

See y'all in Punta Gorda for lunch at Hurricane Charley's!

omni

Back
Top Bottom