Anyone Having Problems w/ Yahoo mail?

kaneohe

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Recently I haven't been able to get to older messages in the Inbox. I can see
p.1 but when I try to get to other pages by clicking on the > or >>, I can an error message that says the URL is incorrect. Also if I click on the Help links with Y-mail I get a similar message.

If a message is open I can't delete it by clicking Delete. I have to go back to
p.1 of the inbox which lists the various messages, check the box of the message I want deleted,then click Delete.

Thanks, REW, for your input. Guess it wasn't Y-mail, after all. Guess I'm not a true believer in my magic weapon...........did the reboot and problems gone.

Yahoo mail? OMG. Is that better than AOL?:)

Gotta go--I finally got through on my dialup modem, gonna download new posts from my Compuserve boards.

Just teasing you--I hope to be the last person transitioning to gmail.

Gotta go--I finally got through on my dialup modem, gonna download new posts from my Compuserve boards.

Just teasing you--I hope to be the last person transitioning to gmail.

We might be elbowing each other out the door for that honor.......(but don't tell my SIL who works for G.........)

Not after they invalidated my password and sent the recovery password to my inbox. Their 800 support line is an ad for a travel agency.

I have no more problems with Yahoo mail. Gmail is much better.

I have both gmail and yahoo along with an email address through my ISP. I save Yahoo for all the many daily emails I get for sales, coupons, etc so I don’t have to see those in my gmail account that I use for important stuff. It works fine for that!

Just teasing you...

I use AOL as a secondary email account. Often when I give out the AOL email address, I get a friendly teasing. AOL seems to work just fine (for me). So, I don't quite understand the teasing. Can you help me understand this? Also, other than being teased, are there additional disadvantages in using AOL?

Also, other than being teased, are there additional disadvantages in using AOL?
Yes, the biggest disadvantage to using AOL is that, as a current AOL customer, they won't send you a free 3 1/2" demo diskette every month or so to get you to sign up. Those things are >great< and hold about half a megabyte! I can't imagine needing to store that much data, but I've got dozens of these free AOL sign-up diskettes now, so I'm set for life.

Would have loved to own it for a few years in the early 90s though!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom