Anyone Live in a Tiny Home?

There was a time when I could have lived in a tiny home but that time is long past. It was around the time when everything I owned fit in my car. Now I like having a large basement workshop area and lots of tools. It is entertainment for me. I like having room to store large model R/C airplanes. I like being able to get out of bed and not have to think about banging my head on the ceiling. That said, I don't aspire to a 7,000 sf monstrosity either. As a wise man said "Never buy a house with more bathrooms than you want to clean".:)

We have one of those two-car garages frowned upon by some. We like it. It is a luxury that we did not have for most of our lives. We don't have to scrape ice and snow in the winter, the car and pickup truck stay washed for a reasonable period of time, birds don't poop on them, and in the summer they're not heat-soaked and cool down in less than five minutes when we go out. Both vehicles will last longer not being bombarded by UV light and extremes of temperatures.

Has anyone watched Cruising the Cut on You Tube? The vlogger lives permanently aboard a 58' narrow boat and cruises the extensive canal system in the UK.

Roof rack?

No need since there is no stuff.

We , American, have been hoarding too much stuff. Our big home, basically full with stuff. How do I know? We were guilty as everyone else. We recently moved across the country, to throw away our stuff, it took three truck loads. Renting a truck costs $100 (including refill), land fill cost ~$60 a load = ~$180. Total $280 to throw away stuff that we collected. Not to mention the full day of hard labor of loading and unloading.

Oh boy, I promise myself that I would not buying stuff again. But ... it is so hard :)

We are building a 1400 square foot home, does that count?

our home is ~1600 sf, definitely not tiny, plenty of room for the two of us. by comparison we just returned home from our snowbird to the southwest. between Jan 10 until May 8...just shy of 4-months...we lived in our 40' triple slide-out motor home. starting in mid March our resort shut everything down except the laundry, post office and doggie parks. much of Arizona's recreational activities, parks, etc. were also closed. with nowhere to go we stayed put in the RV. i only went out once a week for groceries, prescriptions, etc. for that 2-month period we lived, ate and slept in ~450-500 sf. normally we are out on our snowbird trip much longer than we were this year. we go out sightseeing, museums, etc. several times a week plus eating out. but at the end of the first month of isolation my wife had adapted well but i was climbing the walls. when we returned home our home seemed as large as the Clampett's mansion in Beverly Hills.

Back
Top Bottom