At least Bush Won't Govern by watching the Polls...........

C

Cut-Throat

You see here that he has actually got his sleeves rolled up, because he is getting ready to get his hands around a Mexican's neck and he doesn't want to get his Cuffs dirty.

This has got to be the stupidest photo of any Politican in History. Bush doesn't follow polls to govern, according to him. ::)

Attachments

• Bush Border patrol.JPG
    Bush Border patrol.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 135
Thanks REWahoo!, now I have coffee all across THREE monitors  :LOL:

I think Bush's handlers watch election dates more closely than polls. Nearing an election you can expect some sort of conservative-values posturing or terror alert. Bring it on! Mission accomplished! Or to borrow from JK Rowling: Mischief Managed :-\

Why are they all leaning over to one side? Earthquake? The weight of too many illegals tipping over the landscape?

What a surprise !

A politician acting like ...well a politician !

So to paraphrase the movie Casablanca ... I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! [as a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

MasterBlaster said:
What a surprise !

A politician acting like ...well a politician !

So to paraphrase the movie Casablanca ... I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here! [as a croupier hands Renault a pile of money]

Thank you Masterblaster. Your avatar woke me up. :cool:

Cut-throat,

Is this just more generic Bush-bashing or what? I don't really see how this photo is stupid. Just another photo op. Move along.

I think that the original poster is pointing out that the reports and photos provided by the media are often insidious. PROOF that his service is required is the fact that some people don’t really see how the photo is stupid. Cut-Throat should be thanked for his constructive effort to educate.

Non sequitur said:
I think that the original poster is pointing out that the reports and photos provided by the media are often insidious. PROOF that his service is required is the fact that some people don’t really see how the photo is stupid. Cut-Throat should be thanked for his constructive effort to educate.

Ok. How is the photo stupid? In other words, what separates this obvious staged photo op picture from the thousands of other staged photo op pictures from Bush or previous presidents?

[quoteOk. How is the photo stupid? In other words, what separates this obvious staged photo op picture from the thousands of other staged photo op pictures from Bush or previous presidents? ]
It's a naked poll-driven attempt to make people think he is doing something/wants to do something about securing borders or protecting America in general. See the association? Bush... border guards... patrol car.. prominent words Border Patrol....?

They know in any large population some people, hopefully enough, will fall for this psrt of thing. How can we fool 'em today?

From The Independent Florida Alligator

http://www.alligator.org/pt2/060608column.php

"A true leader at this point would focus on unifying his people to fight the war on terrorism together. Instead he has turned us against one another. We seem to forget that we are in the middle of a war that will affect our nation for generations to come, and we have ironically targeted our forces against one another."

Non sequitur said:
"A true leader at this point would focus on unifying his people to fight the war on terrorism together. Instead he has turned us against one another. We seem to forget that we are in the middle of a war that will affect our nation for generations to come, and we have ironically targeted our forces against one another."
Hmph, you're either fur us or agin us...

razztazz said:
They know in any large population some people, hopefully enough, will fall for this psrt of thing. How can we fool 'em today?

How is this different in nature than the proverbial "kissing the baby" photo op? I understand the point of the photo is to portray a certain image of the President. Is the objection to the photo that some people are gullible and will be tricked into believing (correctly or incorrectly) that Bush cares about immigration based solely on the photo? In other words, is the concern paternalistic and elitist in nature (we, the smart folks, know better than they, the stupid folks)?

REWahoo! said:
Not necessarily... ;)

img_399841_0_42736c5120c6ae951d30b5c184e02aa7.jpg
REW, you are right on!  I had forgotten about this picture.  It's almost as bad as his response to Bernie Shaw during a debate...

from CNN
debate with the first prez Bush/   CNN's Bernard Shaw opened the debate with this question to Gov. Dukakis: "Governor, if Kitty Dukakis were raped and murdered, would you favor an irrevocable death penalty for the killer?" Dukakis responded, "No, I don't, Bernard. And I think you know that I've opposed the death penalty during all of my life. I don't see any evidence that it's a deterrent, and I think there are better and more effective ways to deal with violent crime. We've done so in my own state." Dukakis went on to talk about the drop in Massachusetts' crime rate and segued into the need for international cooperation in the war against drugs.

The question was meant to give Dukakis an opportunity to show -- and the voters an opportunity to see -- the emotional side of a candidate dubbed by many as the "Ice Man." Shaw had said that the voters had a difficult time getting a "feeling fix" on Dukakis, and felt that only a very personal question could elicit an emotional response. (In fact, he feared that he might be criticized for asking a too-easy question.) But Dukakis' response did just the opposite. Dukakis' passionless response was the news out of the debate.

Bush didn't perform particularly well either, but he didn't have to after Dukakis' first response. The presidential polls did not move for the first few days after the debate, but they soon started moving in Bush's favor.
unquote
This response was as damaging as that comical photo.  The photo and the response cited above establish why the Karl Rove(s) and James Carville(s) get paid so much.  Further, Americans will not (yet) elect a leftwinger who is honest.  Most (see Hillary) try to disguise their liberalism. 

Further, Americans will not (yet) elect a leftwinger who is honest. Most (see Hillary) try to disguise their liberalism.

Do you think there might be a reason for this. Like maybe because nobody except the media and hollywood elite supports liberal causes.

Cut-Throat said:
This has got to be the stupidest photo of any Politican in History. Bush doesn't follow polls to govern, according to him. ::)

TOPIX_KERRY_BATTLEGROUND_OHIO_10-22-2004_252S0GR.jpg

kerry_kennedy_schumer_feins.jpg

How about...

george_w_bush_cheerleader1.gif

Which apparently sponsored the thought "I need somethin' bigger in my mouth!"

george_w_bush_cheerleader2.gif

And if that aint enough, its time to go fishin'!

george_w_bush_picks_nose_at_baseball_game.gif

Non sequitur said:
It's my understanding that no people were shot in the face during that expedition.

No wonder, the gun wasn't loaded. It's just a photo op.

justin said:
No wonder, the gun wasn't loaded.  It's just a photo op.

Is that the truth? or Is it a lie? Or do you not know what you are saying?
::)

Non sequitur said:
Is that the truth? or Is it a lie? Or do you not know what you are saying?

I really don't know if the gun was loaded or not. There's a decent chance it isn't loaded though, since it looks like he was in the process of loading it immediately prior to waving to the cameras. Note the position of the stock relative to the barrel. But I was joking.

Back
Top Bottom