Beard/mustache trimming Kits

Time2

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I grow a beard/mustache over the last year and now I want to do more than just use scissors to trim it. I have areas that are 2" long and think I want an even cut maybe 1/2" to 3/4" Long.

I'm looking for a recommendations for a good mustache/beard trimming kit.

Same here. I grew a full beard during covid and found that I like it a lot better when I keep it evenly trimmed at about 1/2 inch or maybe even a little shorter. The Braun style trimmer shown below works great and is pretty inexpensive (IMO).. Stays sharp, easy to clean and holds a charge for a good length of time. And it's so simple to use, even a caveman could do it.

81Ig3Z24rrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Wahl appears to be the tall dog in the market. Amazon carries a lot of options right up to the professional barber stuff. We bought an inexpensive set as a Covid haircut experiment, the upgraded to a better one. Cheap ones are mostly plastic of course. Better ones, more metal. A credential of the serious ones appears to be the presence of a "taper lever."

The corded ones are cheaper and IMO likely to be longer lived. The cord length on our current clipper is very generous.

OK, I read the reviews looks, good except, when I get it I'll make sure it hasn't been used, (a couple reviews said it already had hair in it) Instead of getting the MGK3220, I got the MGK3980 because it come with a zippered bag to keep things together and because it has a picture of a guy putting on abs buy drawing it across his stomach. I would like abs!

Attachments

• abs.jpg
    abs.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 23
Panasonic OneBlade is pretty handy.

Check it out on Amazon and read reviews.

In March 2020, I bought a professional clipper and a professional trimmer (both Andis) so the young wife could cut my hair. She is still doing it today. I highly recommend the Andis brand tools. They are rugged, versatile and do the job well. Their normal customers are barbers.

This link might be helpful. https://www.stylesamplemag.com/andis-vs-wahl-clippers/

Last edited:
Tip: Those "power tools" for your beard and mustache can take a big bite. One small slip and you'll have a funny-looking divot taken out of your beard or mustache. I learned to just use scissors for traveling, and found them easier for daily trimming. I do bring out the electric trimmer if I've let it go too long or uneven. I still slip sometimes though.

Tip: Those "power tools" for your beard and mustache can take a big bite. One small slip and you'll have a funny-looking divot taken out of your beard or mustache. I learned to just use scissors for traveling, and found them easier for daily trimming. I do bring out the electric trimmer if I've let it go too long or uneven. I still slip sometimes though.

Indeed. Always start with the largest guard they have when you're getting started, then go down by one till you get the length you want. Now remember which guard that was for next time and just use it.

But for the love of all that is holy just make sure that guard in on the trimmer nice and secure. If it pops off while you're trimming... Well let's just say you're not going to like the results. Ask me how I know... :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom