• Denzel Washington

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 11 19.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
“Actor” is not gender-specific. So both females and males are included. No way a poll is possible, so it’s open.

Several on my list but Clint Eastwood comes to mind near the top... He's adapted to his roles (sort of) with his age. And he's still going at 90. From Rawhide to The Mule, I liked "most" of them.

His movies would often "make my day"... :)

Jodie Foster is up there too.

Last edited:
Jack Nicholson is one of favorites, as is Robert De Niro.

Maurice Micklewhite.

Tom Hanks? Daniel Day Lewis is pretty darn good though. I'd put Jimmy Stewart on the list too. And although he might not make a Top 10 list I have always enjoyed Clint Eastwood and he delivered my all-time favorite line.

Last edited:
All time is tricky, but say, post 1975 I'd go with Meryl Streep.

I started this thread while watching “From Here To Eternity”. Thought about Burt Lancaster but am changing. It’s good to hear other names!

Big Tom Hanks fan here. His are some of the few movies I will watch more than once.

Big Tom Hanks fan here. His are some of the few movies I will watch more than once.
Apollo 13? Lost count how many times I've seen that one.

Going with this theme, I would agree with Tom Hanks, but I can't pick one. Others would be:

Humphrey Bogart ( I am sure I have watched most his movies 5 times)
Lauren Bacall (see above)
Spencer Tracy
Katherine Hepburn
Jimmy Stewart
Rock Hudson (not a GREAT actor, but he and Doris Day had chemistry). "Man's Favorite Sport" is one of DW's all time favorites, though no Doris Day in that one (of course you did have a young Paula Prentiss in a wet T-shirt:dance:)

I'd probably go with Tom Hanks as well, but to name a new one, Anthony Hopkins.

James Stewart.

When his co-stars asked what it was like working with him some said they forgot he was even acting.

A kind gentleman.

Katherine Hepburn
Sissy Spacek
Peter O'Toole
Anthony Hopkins

Even though Humphrey Bogart and John Wayne are my favorite all time actors, they both pretty much only played themselves. Hugely entertaining, but not all that challenging professionally.

I would say Anthony Hopkins, Sean Penn, Ben Kingsley, and maybe Johnny Depp.
Actresses - Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, Sally Field, Glenn Close. Oh, and Sissy Spacek.

Tom Hanks, Mel Gibson, Ingrid Bergman, Jack Nicholson, Tom Cruise, Jodie Foster, Barbara Stanwyck, Donna Reed, Lucille Ball, Mary Tyler Moore, Robert DeNiro, Al Pacino, Keanu Reeves, Sandra Bullock, Will Smith, Carroll O'Connor, Buddy Ebsen, Eddie Albert...there are so many greats I don't know how you pick one or even a few.

I don't know how it would be possible to choose just one but YMMV.

I've already listed my favorite, James Stewart. So many great entries here for leading actors/actresses. That got me to thinking of my favorite supporting actors. I'd have to go with Karl Malden with Edward G. Robbins and Glen Ford tied for second.

Back
Top Bottom