Guess I've been told...

Moparguy392

Recycles dryer sheets
DW and I currently have our vehicles insured with Auto Owners and are satisfied with their insurance coverage. Premiums went up $110ish from last year but that is for 3 vehicles.

I thought I would take a look at Geico on line to compare. I filled out the questionnaire, gave them birthdate, address and the other details they ask for. I then I began entering my vehicle information. After entering my first vehicle the message came up that they would not offer coverage. We both have excellent driving records with no tickets or accidents and we have no problem renewing with Auto Owners each period.

The only thing I can presume is that they saw a 74 y/o male asking for coverage on a 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack with 485 hp 475 torque.

I probably would not have insured me either but it was kind of a shock to see them turn down (for the first time in my life) coverage for this old dude. :(

My friend owns a body shop. I help him out in his office with the book work, including dealing with insurance companies.

You're better off with Auto Owners if you ever have a loss. For sure.

My observation is that the dumber the insurance company's ads are on TV, the worse they pay claims. If they only stress price and saving money, the worse they pay claims.

DW and I currently have our vehicles insured with Auto Owners and are satisfied with their insurance coverage. Premiums went up $110ish from last year but that is for 3 vehicles.

I thought I would take a look at Geico on line to compare. I filled out the questionnaire, gave them birthdate, address and the other details they ask for. I then I began entering my vehicle information. After entering my first vehicle the message came up that they would not offer coverage. We both have excellent driving records with no tickets or accidents and we have no problem renewing with Auto Owners each period.

The only thing I can presume is that they saw a 74 y/o male asking for coverage on a 2020 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack with 485 hp 475 torque.

I probably would not have insured me either but it was kind of a shock to see them turn down (for the first time in my life) coverage for this old dude
. :(
I switched my auto insurance a few years ago (another story why) but I have never had an issue getting coverage on any of my vehicles even though I'm a older guy too and drive a high powered truck. (TRX) Matter of fact my new insurance agent is a sports car nut too and asked me to bring my new truck by for him to see.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom