Best Fast Food Burgers & Fries

I wish I would have seen this thread sooner. I would have asked people to include their own, home made burger on their lists.

I'm not sure if people like fast food burgers because they are better than what they can make at home, or just more pretty good travel food.

But actually the burger at the small cafe a block from me is the best. They do take out!

YUP! The best burgers are from the smaller local places. Alas, they are too small for this poll. Except, maybe, the poll could include - small, local burger joint as a choice.

1. Social Burger
2. BGR the Burger Joint - get the tater tots
3. Smashburger
4. In and Out
5. Habit
6. 5 Guys
7. Fosters
8. McD and Wendy's

Don't like Shake Shack. Too expensive for what you get.

Plus I eat too many damn burgers :)

A friend of mine took me to In and Out Burger last year because I mentioned I had never eaten there. We got a double double and an order of fries. I thought the burger was very tasty, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary. But the fries were disappointing. I heard they were supposed to be much better there because they make them fresh rather than using frozen fries. But my fries came out luke warm and soggy, so they just weren't that good.

I still like burgers that come from higher end sit down restaurants that specialize in meat or barbecue items. And for as infrequently as I eat them, I'd rather have the best.

BTW, please remember we can only talk about burgers and do not mention chicken:))

Best Fast Food Burgers & Fries

I have lived in CA for nine years and have never had In-n-Out. There. I said it.

Steak n Shake is my favorite but doesn’t count. I like Slater’s 50/50 a whole lot as well... also doesn’t count.

For fast food, probably Smashburger, then BK, then McDonalds, then White Castle and DQ. I can’t recall having another chain burger in my life.

I eat a fast food burger maybe once a year, so.... but I do like some Ch*k F*l *.

Last edited:
Of the one's in the list, it would be Five Guys, although I can't remember the last time I ate there. I saw Smash Burger mentioned, which would top Five Guys for me.

My all time favorite is Lil' Woody's in Seattle followed by Hal's in Pendleton, Oregon.

I once ate at Steak & Shake when I was Indianapolis, waiting for Amtrak. The burger was good but not spectacular although it was not overpriced. The chocolate shake was good.

BTW, please remember we can only talk about burgers and do not mention chicken:))

Not only that, but it's " Best Fast Food Burgers & Fries". Not "or Fries". If you mention burgers, w/o also mentioning fries, is that "out of order"? :)

-ERD50

I still like burgers that come from higher end sit down restaurants that specialize in meat or barbecue items. And for as infrequently as I eat them, I'd rather have the best.
DW will often order a burger when we are at a fine fish restaurant as she does not like fish or shellfish. As long as she has enough condiments, it is the fries that make the difference for her.

Does anyone else like Hamburger Relish (sweet relish with mustard seeds added)?

I like putting them on separate.... but yes, I like sweet relish and mustard...

However, it is rare that anybody has sweet relish... they love dill pickles (I hate them) but nothing sweet... the only time I can remember is Fuddrucker and a bottle on the counter and one or two places that had them in the small squeeze tube...

All this burger talk, so had a burger today. place called Burger Monger - only located in Tampa I believe.
Hands down the best burger around these parts.

I like putting them on separate.... but yes, I like sweet relish and mustard...

However, it is rare that anybody has sweet relish... they love dill pickles (I hate them) but nothing sweet... the only time I can remember is Fuddrucker and a bottle on the counter and one or two places that had them in the small squeeze tube...

Oh, I forgot about Fuddruckers, I always liked their burgers.

Oh, I forgot about Fuddruckers, I always liked their burgers.

I remember eating at a Fuddruckers in San Diego back in the 1980s. Later in the 1980s, and as late as 1990, I ate at one in my area (Long Island, NY). But that local store closed at some point in the 1990s (the building is still there) and I haven't eaten at one since. Too bad, I did like their burgers and fries a lot. No Fuddruckers anywhere in NY.

I remember eating at a Fuddruckers in San Diego back in the 1980s. Later in the 1980s, and as late as 1990, I ate at one in my area (Long Island, NY). But that local store closed at some point in the 1990s (the building is still there) and I haven't eaten at one since. Too bad, I did like their burgers and fries a lot. No Fuddruckers anywhere in NY.

I used to go to the one in Yonkers all the time in the late 80's. Last time I have been to one was about 10 years ago I happened to be in Parsippany,NJ.

Smashburger my fav in our area. Surprised to see they have 323 locations in the U.S.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Cook Out fast food restaurants located in the southeast. They have all kinds of burgers and other sandwiches. My favorite Cook Out burger is the Carolina Burger--chili, slaw, mustard and onions. Yummy good, makes me hungry just thinking about it. Cook Out also has great milkshakes--40 flavors. My favorite milkshakes are the M&M milkshake and the Oreo milkshake. Except for the fact that the closest one to me is about 15 miles away I would go there right now.

When visiting New Jersey circa 1970 we'd sometimes stop at a grill place with great burgers. The interior decor was meant to resemble a campsite with stone walls, bench seating. Fireside? Fire something I think. They had several restaurants in that area I believe.

Locally for us it is Five Guys or Red Robin. Red Robin might be a "step" above a fast food joint, but I love their burgers.

When I had to travel to Beijing I loved the Fatburger near the diplomat area, it was a great when one wanted a break from the local food. I have also eaten at Fatburger in Las Vegas and enjoyed their burgers there. They are not on the East Coast.

Back
Top Bottom