Best TV Interview ever

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I think I had a flashback to the 60's.

Tell it like it is Kai!

Woah! :eek:

That guy must be so pumped on adrenaline at that point, probably explains things a bit. But then he gets so calm at times, his spiel on 'respect' at the beginning was something!

Amazing that the interviewer held it together to ask good questions and go with the flow, I'm sure I would have been completely thrown by that guy. Probably a good thing there were witnesses around, I think the cops would have had a little trouble following his story.

What's he say at 2:08? That guy was beyond ______? Holiday? Howling?

I think I got my 'weird' quota for the day! Thanks.

-ERD50

I can think of lots of places (think "fly-over country) where Kai would be hailed a hero (though his interview would never make local TV, heh, heh). California is NOT one of the places that comes to mind (though the interview would probably make TV). Surprised they didn't arrest Kai for doing the right thing.

Come to think of it, though, Fresno ISN'T SF or LA, so... YMMV

Good going Kai. Hope you find a wet suit and ride some gnarly waves dude. Better yet, ride your thumb to paradise and lose the wet suit. Surf's up, dude.

Woah! :eek:

That guy must be so pumped on adrenaline at that point, probably explains things a bit. But then he gets so calm at times, his spiel on 'respect' at the beginning was something!

Amazing that the interviewer held it together to ask good questions and go with the flow, I'm sure I would have been completely thrown by that guy. Probably a good thing there were witnesses around, I think the cops would have had a little trouble following his story.

What's he say at 2:08? That guy was beyond ______? Holiday? Howling?

I think I got my 'weird' quota for the day! Thanks.

-ERD50

I think it is from the Hawaiian word houle which roughly means white person, which in totally laid back surfer language further roughly translates to anyone who is offensive or reprehensible or crazy acting.

The entire interview is amazingly funny.

Fascinating young man. I would love to see a complete (or as complete as possible... lol) written transcript of the interview. If they tried to clean it up for broadcast, it would completely lose its ... je ne sais quoi. I don't know where the masturbation fits into the story line. The bad guy would be another interesting interview.

Last edited:
I think it is from the Hawaiian word houle which roughly means white person, which in totally laid back surfer language further roughly translates to anyone who is offensive or reprehensible or crazy acting.

The entire interview is amazingly funny.

Thanks, that was probably it.

Fascinating young man. I would love to see a complete (or as complete as possible... lol) written transcript of the interview. If they tried to clean it up for broadcast, it would completely lose its ... je ne sais quoi. I don['t know where the masturbation fits into the story line. The bad guy would be another interesting interview.

I kinda got lost with the order of events, but not sure I want to listen to it all again - 'course, it would only take 32 seconds if all the 'color' was edited out ;)

Anyhow, it is kinda cool how somebody way out on the spectrum there can also be a stand-up guy and take a big personal risk to help out a stranger in need. He's a hero, a wacky hero, but no less of a hero.

-ERD50

Very, very funny, but with a sad ending. Wish they would have ended it two seconds earlier!

Back
Top Bottom