Big shakeup on the West Coast?

REWahoo

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give
Maybe some of you shouldn't worry too much about the correct SWR, the perfect asset allocation or paying off the mortgage...

California overdue for major quake, study says

Earthquakes strike along California's San Andreas Fault more often than scientists previously thought, a new study suggests.

Researchers at the University of California, Irvine and Arizona State charted temblors that occurred there stretching back 700 years.
They found that large ruptures have occurred on the Carrizo Plain portion of the San Andreas Fault — about 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles — as often as every 45 to 144 years. But the last big quake was in 1857, more than 150 years ago.

The researchers said that while it's possible the fault is experiencing a natural lull, they think it's more likely a major quake could happen soon.

This must be the [-]breeding[/-] training facility for the guys who prognosticate on the stock market, gold prices, Elliott Wave theory, double-dip recessions, and hurricane seasons.

Saaaaaay... it's been a long time since Rick Sanchez got on CNN to cover a tsunami, too.

Maybe some of you shouldn't worry too much about the correct SWR, the perfect asset allocation or paying off the mortgage...

You have a point there, Wahoo. I have been slow to spend up to the full 4% SWR. Maybe I should use some of it to paint over the cracks in the walls from the last quake I didn’t even feel: a minor one at 3.5, later downgraded to 3.2. Maybe mañana, they do give the place more character.

Attachments

• IMG_7812.jpg
    IMG_7812.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 14
We bought on the east side of The Fault, hoping for eventual beachfront property. That Big One better come soon, because I hear the world is supposed to end in December 2012.

Say, if the world ends in 2012, is the SWR higher than 4%?

maya_cartoon_2012.JPG

Back
Top Bottom