Bike Value?

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Just curious.........

It's a Gary Fisher ProCaliber about 7 years old. I tried a few online bicycle sites but didn't have much luck.........

ebay's got two procaliber full-suspension bikes for sale one at $2,399 & one at $1,799 and a xtr procaliber (looks like either a hybrid or hardtail) for $350.

edit:

check out Gary Fisher 1999 Procaliber Reviews which shows one guy buying hardtail version of a 1999 version for $450 in 2005. one for $2400 in 2001. & one for $900 in 2000. kind of all over the board.

Last edited:
ebay's got two procaliber full-suspension bikes for sale one at $2,399 & one at $1,799 and a xtr procaliber (looks like either a hybrid or hardtail) for $350.

edit:

check out Gary Fisher 1999 Procaliber Reviews which shows one guy buying hardtail version of a 1999 version for $450 in 2005. one for $2400 in 2001. & one for $900 in 2000. kind of all over the board.

Thanks....her best friend wants to buy the bike, but I'm thinking of giving it to her...............:D

when mom passed we invited her friends to all take what they wanted. i think her best friend would love such a gift.

when mom passed we invited her friends to all take what they wanted. i think her best friend would love such a gift.

She's a special person, kind of like a surrogate sister. She and my sister were best friends for 20 years. I didn't see my sister a lot, as she traveled worldwide for work.........so Jennifer was able to fill in a lot of "gaps" on things when my sister died last year.......

We get togther and have lunch, talk frequently,etc. She has become a special friend to me...........:D

She's a special person, kind of like a surrogate sister. She and my sister were best friends for 20 years. I didn't see my sister a lot, as she traveled worldwide for work.........so Jennifer was able to fill in a lot of "gaps" on things when my sister died last year.......

We get togther and have lunch, talk frequently,etc. She has become a special friend to me...........:D

So, be sure and let us know when you give it to her.;)

I've given 2 bikes away, sold 1 for really cheap... and currently have one out on loan to somebody. (Yes I know, bikes are my "why I can't retire now" :)...)

I have found over the years, that unless you know that person will really really ride that bike... don't give it away, just loan it to them for as long as they will ride it.

That way, you won't be dissapointed when they stop riding, and the bike sits in the garage collecting dust. If I wanted one of my bikes to do that, I would have kept it myself. Thats why I gave it away, so that somebody can get use out of it...

So now, I don't give my bikes away, I loan them out... with the "I get it back if you stop riding.. otherwise, you can use it for as long as you want"... I have had at times a road bike, a single speed, and a tandem loaned out to people. Now I get them back when those people decide they don't want to ride for a while... then if they change their minds, they can borrow whatever I have left in the stable at the moment :cool:

Thats just my random opinion...

Laters,
-d

Back
Top Bottom