Birthday present to myself

eyeonFI

Recycles dryer sheets
So, my 45th birthday, how to celebrate....?

Went out to breakfast....bought a small cake to have later... stopped by the office and submitted my official resignation letter :)

Starting June 1, I will be officially retired! (I've been on an unpaid leave of absence for the last year as a sort of FIRE test-run, but it still feels pretty darn good to make it permanent!)

Thanks to everyone here for all the great info I've gleaned over the years. It's been invaluable in helping me get to FIRE!

:dance:

Congrats! That's a birthday present to remember :).

Very nice present! One you will remember for sure. Congratulations!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

So you are you going to share just how you accomplished this wonderful feat?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Thanks for all the congrats.

So you are you going to share just how you accomplished this wonderful feat?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Pretty typical of folks around here I think: pretty high-paying j@b + LBYM + asset allocation using index funds. I was lucky to have a mother who took me to open a bank account when I was about 8, and who encouraged me to open my first IRA at 15. She very much modeled LBYM.

Didn't have kids until I was already financially secure, and I think that also helped (oldest is 8 now). Really glad I'll be able to be more involved with them now. Though they don't see it that way: when I explained "my" iPad really belongs to work and I'd have to return it, they begged me not to retire :facepalm:

Outstanding job! I retired with 3 at home and it has been great to be more involved in their lives, whether it's school, sports, etc.

Back
Top Bottom