Book Recommendations (fiction)?

After I finish a book I fill out a one sentence description for my records. Below is a list of books I've read in recent years that I really liked. I did not include the description sentence here because it might give away the plot. I read about 2 books a month. Usually fiction.

Yes, you will find a fair amount of dark crime fiction below. But that is a great genre for exploring the eccentricities of characters. And that is the interesting part ... the weirdness of humans. :)

Capture.jpg

Olen Steinhauer: Also liked "The Tourist" and "Nearest Exit"....(you may want to check your spelling ;) )

Last edited:
The books I showed on this list I had personally rated at "5". I've read several other [-]Steinhauerer Steinhaurerer Steinxxxxx[/-] Steinhauer :) books that I rated somewhere between 3 and 5.

I find that if you like an author, then Wikipedia is a good way to see the author's other books in the sequence they were written in.

I've read several other [-]Steinhauerer Steinhaurerer Steinxxxxx[/-] Steinhauer :) books

:LOL: I mentioned that because it's so easy to do, and I hate it when I plug stuff in incorrectly on a spreadsheet. ;)

I find that if you like an author, then Wikipedia is a good way to see the author's other books in the sequence they were written in.

I also like to visit each author's homepage.

If you know the name of an author you like, you can enter his/her name on this website and it will list other authors who have a similar style/genre. The closer two authors are, the more likely the reader will enjoy the new author.

https://www.literature-map.com

I recently finished the book Crazy Rich Asians, which I picked up from the local library after watching the movie. The movie was fun but kind of shallow; I much preferred the book. What's it like to straddle East vs. West and Crazy Rich vs. American Middle Class? The book makes a valiant attempt to describe this situation. :greetings10:

A couple of my favorites:
Sam Reilly series by Christopher Cartwright (similar to Clive Cussler)
Carter Devereux series, Rossler Foundation series, Rex Dalton series by JC Ryan

Robert Jordan has a big series, The Wheel of Time. Reading that series will hold you for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom