Cabernet, Pinot, or Malbec?

Bordeaux - specifically, Pomerol. But that was when I could buy them for $20/bottle for second-growth vineyards, LOL.

Now it's Pinot - we're very fond of Donatiello, which sadly has recently closed down. Sigh.

well its wine time at my house. We luv chardbernet, next cabernoi, and even Malbernoi....oh wait sanity blanc is good to!. :dance:

when I was drinking, we lived by the ABC rule

Anything but Cabernet
Anything but Chardonnay

I like Tempranillo myself

Ha, those are both my favorites. I don't drink much red wine though because it seems to irritate my skin.

Runquist makes quality and reasonably priced wines. Drink Pinot more than others due to it matches better with what we eat more of lately. Also enjoying Washington syrahs: Reynvaan, Cayuse, K, Walls, though the price increases are pushing me out of the market. Really enjoy Russian river pinot and warming to Oregon’s as well. Burgundy is tasty but way too pricey.

Speaking of price, where are your favorite places to purchase wine? Online retailers, Costco, brick and mortar retailers? Now that I’ve FIRE’d last week, need to find the best prices for this luxury, as my taste won’t allow me to drink $2 chuck anymore...

Speaking of price, where are your favorite places to purchase wine? Online retailers, Costco, brick and mortar retailers? Now that I’ve FIRE’d last week, need to find the best prices for this luxury, as my taste won’t allow me to drink $2 chuck anymore...

Wine.com is pretty good, especially when they have one of their 1 cent shipping promo offers (you have to order at least 12 bottles to get the 1 cent shipping deal). Their prices are okay, and the variety of wines they offer is very good. They ship to most (but not all) states, so you do have to check that. And someone has to be home to sign for the box, but you can pick your preferred date of delivery.

Back
Top Bottom