CAPITAL ONE DATA BREACH, You are Eligible for Benefits From a Class Action Settlement

Im in several of these lawsuits. I received a $5 digital gift card for the keurig lawsuit. It’s still in my email and trying to figure out where to BTD. Haven’t heard anything from BCBS on the settlement. My wife should be getting something from cap one as she had accounts with them for along time. It appears a lot of these are starting to be low dollar gift cards. I fill them out if I get them, but most of it just takes a few minutes out of the day. Maybe someday I’ll hit the jackpot on one of them.

Im in several of these lawsuits. I received a $5 digital gift card for the keurig lawsuit. It’s still in my email and trying to figure out where to BTD. Haven’t heard anything from BCBS on the settlement. My wife should be getting something from cap one as she had accounts with them for along time. It appears a lot of these are starting to be low dollar gift cards. I fill them out if I get them, but most of it just takes a few minutes out of the day. Maybe someday I’ll hit the jackpot on one of them.

Something I discovered on the prepaid digital cards is you have to buy something for $5 or less. They won’t let you use $5 and add another card. It acts like a debit card and you only have 5 bucks in the bank. At least that was what happened to me on my last two cards.

Something I discovered on the prepaid digital cards is you have to buy something for $5 or less. They won’t let you use $5 and add another card. It acts like a debit card and you only have 5 bucks in the bank. At least that was what happened to me on my last two cards.

I handle this by putting it on my Amazon account. Should work with other brands too, if one is so inclined.

Perhaps use it at the gasoline pump?

To those of you who received the Capital One legitimate email and/or postcard, I have a question.

Did any of you not have Capital One credit cards?

The reason I ask is that I am a Capital One customer, but I don't remember getting a postcard or an email about this. The one thing to note is that I don't have any credit cards with them -- only savings/checking accounts.

Thanks
-gauss

Perhaps use it at the gasoline pump?

It’s virtual. There is no card. I ended up buying something online with free shipping for about $4.50. That is how I used it.

Last edited:
To those of you who received the Capital One legitimate email and/or postcard, I have a question.

Did any of you not have Capital One credit cards?

The reason I ask is that I am a Capital One customer, but I don't remember getting a postcard or an email about this. The one thing to note is that I don't have any credit cards with them -- only savings/checking accounts.

Thanks
-gauss

I got the email and do not have a Capital One card.

Pretty wild. It says 98 million people and these kinds of payouts? Wow.

I had a Capital One card in that time period and go no notice.

I guess my info was never accessed since I haven’t received anything from Capital One.

From the site.

We have notified by mail all individuals whose Social Security numbers or linked bank account numbers were accessed.

Well, I got impatient about waiting for the email about the payment. So I emailed them and got an answer -

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to re-send the email because your email provider rejected our email. Because of this, you will not be able to claim a digital payment. Instead, you will receive a paper check mailed to the address on record once the November 27, 2023 deadline has passed to claim your digital payment. Please allow a few weeks after this date to receive your check in the mail. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Capital One Settlement Administrator

I don't know why my email provider (Spectrum Roadrunner) rejected the email. I got the first one just fine!

So I will get the money later in the form of a paper check via snail mail sometime in December.

I'm glad I didn't spend it yet!

Yep, we had one and we were over and the store clerk said rejected. So we found out that you had to be the exact amount or less. We just figured out how close we could get including tax and then are done. They can keep their 5 or 10 cents. I’m guessing the gift card issuer makes a lot of money that way. I have come across that you can reload them, but no way. I’ll use it as best I can and then done. Will try Amazon in the next one.

I received mine today and bought a bunch of stuff that I needed from Amazon that I would buy anyways so it will save me money as I won’t need paper products, face cream, etc. My air cleaner for my bedroom recently died so replaced that too. I would have preferred the money in my bank account but wasn’t about to trust that it was not a scam.

I've used them to make a payment to my Spectrum account which was accepted even though I did not actually owe anything at the time. The payment just showed up as a credit on my next bill. I've also done the same using them to pay a utility bill.

Well, I got impatient about waiting for the email about the payment. So I emailed them and got an answer -

Dear Sue,

Thank you for your email.

We are unable to re-send the email because your email provider rejected our email. Because of this, you will not be able to claim a digital payment. Instead, you will receive a paper check mailed to the address on record once the November 27, 2023 deadline has passed to claim your digital payment. Please allow a few weeks after this date to receive your check in the mail. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Capital One Settlement Administrator

I don't know why my email provider (Spectrum Roadrunner) rejected the email. I got the first one just fine!

So I will get the money later in the form of a paper check via snail mail sometime in December.

I'm glad I didn't spend it yet!

Quoting myself for an update...

The paper check for $707.31 came in today's mail. Nice that it came earlier than expected.

I decided to split this with DH. I'm a saver so this will just be added to what I already have in my cash stash. DH is a spender (mostly ebay and thrift stores) and enjoys buying whatever it is that he's collecting this month. For a few months it was Swiss Army knives (practical, nifty and stores in a small place). Right now he's into little outdoor camp stoves. Many of these look just like ones he collected years ago, then sold to feed whatever his next thing was at the time. On and on, it all starts to look the same to me.

He was very surprised at the amount, weren't we all!

Back
Top Bottom