Cash for Clunker Appliances

FUEGO

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Last edited:
I wonder what difference this is than the local or state gvmts offering rebates or tax credits to install 'green' things...

I remember a number of people on this board saying how much they got back putting in a solar panel system that got the cost down to X and will be getting X back from the utility which is usually a very high price for the KWHs they send....

Some of what they do helps, some does not....

Hmm we got an old dishwasher. I haven't priced new ones lately. Might as well stick my paw in the honey jar.

Wonder if it will be one to a household? I have at least two appliances I would replace.

I wonder what difference this is than the local or state gvmts offering rebates or tax credits to install 'green' things...
It'd be great to get a state/utility rebate, along with the federal rebate, and perhaps combined with a Labor Day or Veteran's Day sale...

But it's hard to see dishwashers, air conditioners, & fridges having the same impact as automobiles.

The only appliance I'm having any problems with is my refrig. The door seal to the small upper freezer compartment is starting to detach and there is a small amount of water dripping into the lower frig.
But I believe I will get my favorite MarineGoop out and fix it before I would run out and replace the entire refrig. :rolleyes:

Looked at a woodstove to replace a 20+ yo insert we've been stringing along ... learned that Uncle will give a tax credit for 30% of the purchase. Ironically the price seemed about 30% higher than I remember paying. Not passing the sniff test ...

It'd be great to get a state/utility rebate, along with the federal rebate, and perhaps combined with a Labor Day or Veteran's Day sale...

But it's hard to see dishwashers, air conditioners, & fridges having the same impact as automobiles.

True... but what I was trying to point out is there have been many tax incentives to buy different things... usually not direct money like the CFC program, but money none the less.... why is the CFC or cash for appliance any worse than the solar credits you and others received?

Since we are trying to stimulate the economy, I think these kind of programs are better than building an airport up in Alaska for a town of a few thousand people... and from the show I saw on this, the locals are not even hired to build it!!! They fly them in... (IIRC, it was $17 mill for this airport and there were maybe 5 or 6 more with less money)...

As for me... I got my CFC on Saturday... but do not have any old appliances... replaced most of them last year...

Back
Top Bottom