CBS news says we are a "Secret FIRE Cult"

I must say, this thread has taken some strange and unexpected detours but as Emerson said "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" It's good to know we are all intellectual giants here. In addition we are all good looking, smell wonderful and most of all we are FIRED!

And clearly they don't make much money either. Don't believe me? Just look at the women on FOX news. It would seem not many of them can even afford to buy a full length skirt.
Too bad that really does rub a raw nerve. Imagine working some place where you are not allowed to wear a skirt long enough to cover half of your legs!!!

Last edited:
It is a lot safer if you compliment the look of another female, not a male, particularly in front of your husband. And he would better keep his mouth shut, and not add further comments to enthusiastically agree with you.
No - it's much more fun when I turn to my husband if a certain type shows up on the big screen and accuse "You think she's hot!". He get's such a naughty look on his face! LOL!

Clearly they are paid far less than the men on either side of them, who are always wearing suits.
There are men on Fox news :confused:

Sorry, I haven't noticed. I must have been distracted by something else...

Last edited:
Too bad that really does rub a raw nerve. Imagine working some place where you are not allowed to wear a skirt long enough to cover half of your legs!!!

Perhaps they should require the men to dress up like this:

Last edited:
The talk of smelly old people reminds me of the following story.

An old lady lamented with her doctor during an office visit. She said "I have a problem with flatulence that I cannot control. Good thing that it does not smell bad, and I make no noise. Else, it would be very embarrassing when I have company. Just like right now, I am passing gas."

Her doctor listened quietly, then wrote her a prescription.

On her next visit, she was livid. She told her doctor "I don't know what medicine you wrote me, but I still pass gas and it is now loud. How terrible! I do not dare go out anymore."

Her doctor pleaded. "M'am, that medication was meant to improve your hearing. Now that it works, I will try to give you something to improve your sense of smell."

When I was 43 a group of woman all around or older then me were talking about this young guy working with us but he wasn't around. I said he was sweet and drop dead gorgeous. One of the older women got mad at me and told me to stay away etc since I was old enough to be his mother. I told her I know that and have a son that age and actually he comes to me for motherly advice. I then told her that I didn't intend to attack him but he was still gorgeous. The other woman agreed that the one woman was out of line. This thread reminded me of that incident. Also Mr MM has changed a lot and many people are more mainstream and not so militant which is pissing off some of the old timers there.

Mmmm. You guess well, Kemosabe. :)

Learning to capture and re-use these digestive byproducts might lead to an entirely new meaning of "clean energy" and provide unlimited energy for planet earth and perhaps the entire universe.

Methinks Underarmour would be the logical company to develop collection and containment gear.

I think it was Charlie Brown who had a crush on the pretty little redhead. I guess times have changed...

Perhaps they should require the men to dress up like this:

Angus Young never outgrew it:

angus.jpg

I guess I'll never post a pic of DW on this forum; or myself for that matter. No sense in tempting anyone to step over the line.:D

Which is a fine, specific insult, and applies to bores and bloviators under age 45 as well. My objection is to people using it to denote older people in general.

"Old fart"= Superannuated methane gas bag

Methane is present in the gas mixture that animals emit. However, it is odorless, while another component, hydrogen sulfite, is quite olfactorily potent.

In fact, methane is present in the air that some people exhale from their lungs. A medical article states:

Virtually all children under 5 years of age and 66% of the adult population do not exhale appreciable quantities of CH4. The remaining 34% of the adult population has appreciable breath methane concentrations of up to 80 ppm...

The older I get the more I toot.

Methane is present in the gas mixture that animals emit. However, it is odorless, while another component, hydrogen sulfite, is quite olfactorily potent.

In fact, methane is present in the air that some people exhale from their lungs. A medical article states:

Virtually all children under 5 years of age and 66% of the adult population do not exhale appreciable quantities of CH4. The remaining 34% of the adult population has appreciable breath methane concentrations of up to 80 ppm...

I think you mean hydrogen sulfide, the poisonous gas that smells like rotten eggs. It is extremely easy to detect in small amounts, and will literally burn your sensitivity out in your nose at stronger levels, leading to death. It is one of the hazardous gases found in underground mines and swamps,(as well as methane), and is also explosive at 4-74%. But you would already be dead at that level.
As a supervisor in an underground coal mine, I was very sensitive to odors. Hot hydraulic or machine oil, electric arcing, hot brakes, charging batteries, smoldering coal, hot rollers to name a few. Detecting outby smells and their sources were extremely important to me and my workers.

The stereotypical odor of those "old people" around here is sour milk. When I used to visit nursing homes to sing Christmas carols or read stories, that is what a lot of my fellow carolers spoke about. I never noticed it.

A first for me too from this SV based corporation. I'm really shook up over this.

Again, it is supposedly "voluntary," but you know the peer pressure. And with other countries not having the day off, the "whisper" from management is don't let them down and ruin the so called momentum of a global "team."

Mind games.

And how many from "management" worked on Thanksgiving?

Wow, that's really bad! These companies never stop do they. Every year it's a crisis. Gotta do that extra push - as if it's never like that otherwise.
Great quote:
Poor planning on your part does not necessitate an emergency on mine.

I once w*rked for a company that wanted me to come in on Saturday for "face time". I asked that they wanted me to drive an hour and a half just to show up for two hours. I was told I had a "bad attitude".
Shortly after I left, the company was raided by the FBI and 3 senior executives went to jail. Karma is a b*tch

Back
Top Bottom