Celebrating without spending money?

For Valentines Day and anniversary:
If we want to spend less money: fix a nice dinner at home, watch tv together with a cozy fire in the fireplace, good conversation

If we want to spend more money: dinner out at a great restaurant, fun trip to the coast for a night or two.

We have not bought each other "gifts" in many years. We just bought what we wanted, within our budget.

Birthdays we usually have a nice family dinner out at a restaurant with the kids/grands.

I’ll celebrate any day you want to call a holiday, such as Tuesday...

Doesn’t mean I’lll buy a “Tuesday Greeting Card”...

Same as any other day to us. Birthdays, Xmas, VDay, Whatever. On DW Birthday I just do the washing up.

My favorite meals are all home cooked, no restaurant can compare, at least never has done to date after 33 years of marriage. Plus I have the best server money can buy; no attitude, does not think the world owes her a living and no worry about tipping either... ;) (LOL)

Moderation in all things. I don't mind spending some $ on DW a couple times a year - anniversary, birthday, Valentine's. We don't exchange gifts any more, but we still go out for a nice dinner or something reasonable. Why not? We may go out for a sail (no added spending), or a walk but I don't see a need to identify ways to celebrate without spending anything at all.

Our favorite thing is having a house party with friends. It does cost money (groceries, alcohol) - but probably 1/4 the price per person and much nicer quality.

We use holidays as an excuse to actually go out (like we used to before kids) but it is always a week later

For most anniversaries, valentines days, etc we just have a nice home cooked meal and focus the conversation on how we appreciate each other.... Sappy and corny - but it works for us.

We did splurge on a cruise for our 20th anniversary - but that's not typical....

We used to go out for Valentine's Day, but now spend the day at home together.
We do celebrate Birthdays/Anniversaries by going out special, but usually no gifts.

Back
Top Bottom