Cheap Truck Repair

limpid lizard

Recycles dryer sheets
The pickup was not running well the other day. I checked and the fuel pump was not putting out enough pressure. I pulled it off, rounded up the receipt from when I purchased it, and headed to the store. The pump had a lifetime warranty, and when I handed over the old pump and paper work they gave me a new pump at no charge. The receipt was dated March of 1988. I was almost embarrassed, but free is free.

The pickup was not running well the other day. I checked and the fuel pump was not putting out enough pressure. I pulled it off, rounded up the receipt from when I purchased it, and headed to the store. The pump had a lifetime warranty, and when I handed over the old pump and paper work they gave me a new pump at no charge. The receipt was dated March of 1988. I was almost embarrassed, but free is free.

Good for you......lifetime is lifetime............;)

Good move on finding the receipt.
I thought I was a cheapskate for keeping receipts forever. Had a similar deal in 2006 with a starter for my 79 Chevy pickup -sold later that year. With 207000 miles for $500.- I was amazed anyone actually was willing to pay money fro it.

Leno has a great story of going in with his father to replace a lifetime-guaranteed toilet seat after 30 years. His dad had the receipt.

I have been sticking vehicle repair receipts in the glove box for years. Otherwise, I would never have found it. I am not generally this anal about receipts.

I have been sticking vehicle repair receipts in the glove box for years. Otherwise, I would never have found it. I am not generally this anal about receipts.

Leno has a great story of going in with his father to replace a lifetime-guaranteed toilet seat after 30 years. His dad had the receipt.

I wonder where Leno's dad stuck the receipt :eek:

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom