Christmas was good to me again

My best Christmas gift this year was the new driveway I gifted to myself after 23 years in the house.

I was going to put a bow on it for Christmas morning, to surprise myself, but I couldn't find one big enough. :D

I take it that your gift wasn't covered in snow on Christmas morning. THAT is quite a gift. In 2000, DW got me a snow blower for Christmas - one of the most thoughtful gifts ever. I used the heck out of it three different years before I gave it to my niece to use at the family business. Didn't think I'd need it here in Paradise.

I take it that your gift wasn't covered in snow on Christmas morning. THAT is quite a gift. In 2000, DW got me a snow blower for Christmas - one of the most thoughtful gifts ever. I used the heck out of it three different years before I gave it to my niece to use at the family business. Didn't think I'd need it here in Paradise.

Nope, no snow! We don't get much in central NC.

I shoveled my fair share in New England and Maine, but those days are long behind me! :D

DGF and I usually struggle with Christmas gifts as well since neither of us is bashful about buying anything we need. DGF is exceptionally adept at listing items on her Amazon wishlist complete with colors and sizes as I am easily confused when confronted with such details. It makes my Xmas shopping so much easier. I also got her a new Apple iPad with the military discount available at the Apple site for vets and retirees.

I struggle mightily to enter items on my wishlist as I don't want to fill it with big ticket items and tend to buy smaller things as I need them. Last year DGF got me a Festool Dust Extractor which was over the top but I love it. This year I held her down to a new set of 24 inch Parallel Clamps by Jorgensen which should see a lot of use. You never have enough clamps.

Back
Top Bottom