Christmas was good to me again

DH, DS and I had another stay at home Christmas this year. It’s cold here in PA but not as bad as much of the country. We make a point of doing something together, mostly games. Some years we give bigger gifts. Last year DH gave us both a Roomba. Her name is Rosie and she seems to have a personality. This year we mostly gave each other small items. I gave DH and DS bamboo pajamas. A few scratch off lottery tickets in the stockings.

I made prime rib and roasted Brussels sprouts, and a low carb pumpkin cheesecake which turned out yummy.

Oh, and I arranged a transfer of $12K worth of ETFs to DS’s Schwab account, in addition to finally transferring to him the pink slip on the car he drives, for a $16K gift.

Next year we’ll be checking into a condo on the big island on Christmas Eve for a two week stay. No gifts.

I got a great leather wallet from my fiance that has a trigger. Pull the trigger and 6-7 credit cards and ID is pushed out in a fan position for using a card. I can pull the trigger and just make the connection without removing the card from my wallet for a credit card purchase. It is convenient and really cool to see.

VW

I got a great leather wallet from my fiance that has a trigger. Pull the trigger and 6-7 credit cards and ID is pushed out in a fan position for using a card. I can pull the trigger and just make the connection without removing the card from my wallet for a credit card purchase. It is convenient and really cool to see.

VW

Sounds interesting. Do have a link for that?

we have the fun gift exchange with family, where you get to steal twice before a gift is secure. 18 participants last night and much fun was had.
Our highlight:
When we were clearing out sister Kathy's home, Mary ( DW) found all the scraps from the Hawaiian shirts Kathy made 25 years ago.
DB Bill would always wear a Hawaiian shirt to Christmas, and the year he had lymphoma, she made a shirt for everyone to wear in his honor. There were 20 plus shirts I think. Mary was still sewing buttons on that morning. We sneaked out of that Christmas party one by one and put on the shirts. He was surprised and pleased.
Mary grabbed that box and had a plan. She made a quilt from those scraps, really she made 3. The big one was for Bill. Kathy cried when I told the story on her and gave Bill the quilt last night.
PXL-20221226-030240716.jpg

PXL-20221226-025619816.jpg

Mary has one more quilt top and it is for her.

skyking1--beautiful quilt and lovely story!

VW

You gotta give us a brand name and a photo if possible.

I would love to get my wallet down to a simple 2x3x3/8 inch package. And just one key for all the everyday things I have to lock and unlock. Yea, dream on.

Sure hope that works for you and neighbors get the hint and/or notice how much better it is. Probably they’re using free wood and won’t pay for seasoned wood. BTW your heat pump is not pulling any air into your home….the smell is getting on some other way.

Yay, the neighbors love the Duralogs so we both get what we want! We are very friendly with them, adult daughter and mother. I take the elderly mom to many medical appts while she is working. I have been very direct about how awful the smoke is because it really is for me. Their chimney seems to be so stumpy. Don't know if that makes the smoke dump even worse. I hear your comment about my heat pump. The smoke smell was so thick outside, it would have been coming in any non-sealed spot. I don't think hubby even smelled it but I have a super sense of smell so it only takes a tiny bit for me to detect it and why it is so awful for me.

Thank you @Teacher Terry, @pacergal, @Ronstar.
We went to a friend's tonight to look at her new sewing machine. Mary had just happened to see them while out today, at the store getting the new one. It is on a big sale to clear inventory for the year.
It is a fancy machine with a big throat, and built in dual feed and good lighting. She is mulling over BTD on it, and I explained that the quilts she has made for our family and friends are priceless.
I think it will come home before the new year :)

^^^ The happiness that the machine will provide will be well worth the expense.

But you may find some of your clothes missing after she runs out of scraps.

DW and I struggle to buy each other gifts. If we want something - we go buy it. But this year, DW suggested she would like some new color pens to use on her "coloring books" (very adult in terms of complex shapes and designs.)

I must have found 75 different color pens! DW loved 'em. A very successful Christmas!

we have the fun gift exchange with family, where you get to steal twice before a gift is secure. 18 participants last night and much fun was had.
Our highlight:
When we were clearing out sister Kathy's home, Mary ( DW) found all the scraps from the Hawaiian shirts Kathy made 25 years ago.
DB Bill would always wear a Hawaiian shirt to Christmas, and the year he had lymphoma, she made a shirt for everyone to wear in his honor. There were 20 plus shirts I think. Mary was still sewing buttons on that morning. We sneaked out of that Christmas party one by one and put on the shirts. He was surprised and pleased.
Mary grabbed that box and had a plan. She made a quilt from those scraps, really she made 3. The big one was for Bill. Kathy cried when I told the story on her and gave Bill the quilt last night.
PXL-20221226-030240716.jpg

PXL-20221226-025619816.jpg

I love this and the beautiful story that goes with it. Nothing is more special than a quilt someone has made for you.
My grandmother made a number of them probably 90+ years ago. I rescued 2 of them when she passed about 50 years ago but they disappeared a few years later in a divorce.

Cheers!

We also had a good Christmas this year. My DW and I got each other folding Electric bikes to carry with us when camping. We mainly camp in COE parks that are usually large and spread out so they will be good to ride around and check out the campgrounds. My DD gave me a new Allett wallet since mine was getting really worn looking since I have been carrying it since 2010. I have tried many others but really like these. All-ett.com

The DW and I stopped giving gifts to each other several years ago

Same as us, we just get what we want when we want it. I certainly have everything I want or will ever need. Same for Birthdays and anniversaries, I do get DW Flowers and a card though for each occasion.

we have the fun gift exchange with family, where you get to steal twice before a gift is secure.

Our highlight:

What a great story.... This is something my DW would do....
We have done the Dirty Santa exchange for years... normally its 20+ folks. It can get CRAZY at times. Pile of gifts, draw numbers and let the fun begin. Us kids normally try to chip in and get Ma something. At Thanksgiving She wanted to take pictures of all the kids sitting on the stairs. Just us 6, then in groups with Spouses and kids/ grand and greatgrands... We got her a canvas collage of the different shots.
For each other, after 38 years, its a PITA to find something for DW. Anything she wants she just gets. But since she enjoys making stuff, got a Candle kit, molds and box of Bees wax, and a Meed making book, and a 20Lb bucket of honey... Sweet ain't it

My DD gave me a new Allett wallet since mine was getting really worn looking since I have been carrying it since 2010. I have tried many others but really like these. All-ett.com

The Allett wallet was a nice gift. Bought the Allett SoftTech Nylon Sport Wallet on Amazon, and it is still in great shape after a few years. Looks like the prices have increased considerably but will buy another when it's time to replace.

Our highlight:

sky king1, thanks for sharing such a beautiful story. Personalized quilts made with love are treasures.

My best Christmas gift this year was the new driveway I gifted to myself after 23 years in the house.

I was going to put a bow on it for Christmas morning, to surprise myself, but I couldn't find one big enough. :D

My best Christmas gift this year was the new driveway I gifted to myself after 23 years in the house.

I was going to put a bow on it for Christmas morning, to surprise myself, but I couldn't find one big enough. :D

All the big bows were already bought up by the folks giving their spouses new BMWs this Xmas.:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom