computer games

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
I used to enjoy playing Tetris and Color Tetris. I had downloaded the games for free on an old computer some years ago. The computer is gone and you get adwared to death now by downloading free games.

Tetris and Color Tetris are still available from many sources for free, but I can't find simple Tetris games to buy. I am willing to pay for the games to avoid the adware/spyware. Or will antispyware programs stop the bad stuff from getting on my computer if I do download the free games?

Any ideas?

If you are like me you have an old 8-bit Nintendo console hooked up to your tv with the Tetris cartridge still in it. :D

If you download a free game from a reputable source, you would probably be ok.

Such as from a reputable open source place, like where you would find Firefox, Open Office, etc.

I'm not an expert on this, but maybe someone will chime in...

This might be a possibility, but I don't certify it as definately safe: http://snip.sourceforge.net/

oh, and, no, I wouldn't count on antiadware/antispyware to always do thier job. There's too many new malware programs every day for them to catch them all. :(

My thinking is to primarily try to avoid the sources of bad stuff, and secondarily use programs like Norton to stop them.

And if you'te using online banking or broker, consider using a completely different computer, or perhaps a different bootup, for the banking/broker.

I just saw a copy of Teris at our local Target this weekChech in the electronics deptment theyhad lots of the older games restocked.,It made me laugh because I pulled out my cd copy for the first time in years 2 monthas ago. The only thing I dislike with the Cd version is they changes the music - no russian folk song . What was that song called?

Most of the early video and arcade games have been re-released for PC's by the orginal vendors.   The cheapest place to buy them is often Ebay with either new or used CD's.   The downloadable versions are usually knock offs or buggy public domain versions.  It's best to avoid most downloadable games you might find via a search engine unless you are quite proficient in cleaning up virus and adware infections.  

Martha- If you can't find it at your target let me know and I'll pick one up here and put it in the mail to you .

Back
Top Bottom