Computer Monitor as Main TV?

CuppaJoe

Moderator Emeritus
Since so much content is available on the Internet, I'm thinking that my laptop may become my main TV. I could spend 20 hours a day just watching the video links from this forum. Is any one here already doing that? I currently have a 19" (not flat) TV which is as big as I dare go in my livingroom but the recent plasma thread makes flat big screens very tempting. My laptop is flat and I'm starting to use it for watching DVDs. ;)

I have a 19" wide screen LCD - paid 230. I also have a Happhough (wrong spelling) TV thing - connected all to the cable outlet. Now i have TV while I surf the net. Get a comfortable chair and you are all set. The Happhough thing works with cable or over the air HDTV or analog. You can also take it along with your laptop.

Search under my name for a thread about it.

Dear Boyfriend and I have a TV but have used it maybe twice in the last six months. DVDs and TV that is available online (Survivor, Frontline, horrid VH1 reality shows) are all watched on my laptop.

We've stopped watching tv mostly. Maybe a few times will play video games and use the tv, but just got a 22" flat panel and a decent sound system for the computer and it works fine.

The future of TV
In the next house will get a projector - a really small one - that's even better than the monitor and in some cases even more portable. I have this fantasy of having 2 mount points for it - one just above the head board for laying in bed and watching on the ceiling, and another in the living room for watching like regular tv, but bigger and without the space cost of a decent sized television.

Isn't technology grand? :) Cheers.

I just installed a Haugpauge internal tv tuner that got some good reviews...it is good for analog and digital tv and can record tv....I need another antenna though since my main antenna loses signal to my 2nd floor where my computer is...

Back
Top Bottom