Congratulate me

virginia

Recycles dryer sheets
:) Just found out last night that I've completed everything for my MBA. After

.......drum roll please.............

8 years! I finally completed it!

I'm never going to school again.

Congrats virginia! Great sense of closure isn't it?! It took me forever to finish my MSEE. My advisor, who usually let me get away with stuff since I was going to school and working full time, told me that I need to finish up soon or risk having some of my units expire. It was a great feeling to finally finish it!

Laurence said:
Ugh, don't tell me such horror stories! I'm about to start my Master's!  :eek:
Hey, no problem, consider it your quest to quench your thirsty desire for a higher education.

Based on my experience I predict that your thirst will be quenched pretty quickly.

But never allow learning to stand in the way of getting an education, and never let a lack of research prevent you from finishing your thesis.

Congratulations Virginia. Hard work will pay off for you.

My MBA history is not as good as yours. I took my first course at Syracuse University then moved to Florida and never got around to taking the second course.

Congrats on your decision to never go to school again. :D

Just kidding congrats, my MSAE took me a 3 long years cause I was w@%#ing full time.

Laurence said:
Ugh, don't tell me such horror stories! I'm about to start my Master's! :eek:

I'm sure you'll be more dedicated than I was! I just hated that last year of it. I couldn't get motivated and realized that in my field a MS doesn't necessarily open more doors and mean more pay. In retrospect, I probably should have gone for an MBA.

Thanks guys
I'm so happy I can't stand it. I was also under threat of having my credits expire. There was a 3 year block when I was in Hawaii and couldn't work on it at all, and then another year when I was in another school that I didn't work on it, so it really took a total of about 4 years. But during those 4 years, every weekend I was stressed about how I should be working on it and either 1) wasn't or 2) wasn't working enough. My friends told me they were sick of this school business.
The last 2 courses were the hardest - corporate finance and a research methods class. Not just hard - but painful.
All this week, I've had nothing to do when I come home from work, and it's a great feeling - almost like semi retirement! :D

Congrats on your achievement! I hope you are richly rewarded. :)

.... now go out and celebrate!

Congrats virginia! Lots of work, but hopefully lots of reward, too.

Back
Top Bottom