Conversational trifecta

jjquantz

Full time employment: Posting here.
This week saw a significant increase in my social life what with a quick visit from one of DW's high school friends and the on-site delivery of the products from my 100 hour per year side gig.

As a result I hit something of an ER conversational trifecta:

DW's friend started the ball rolling with the "You're too young to retire." conversation.

A former coworker followed with the "We're moving to be closer to our grandkids."

And the weekend finished with the "I don't think I'll ever be able to retire" (bad financial decisions version) from a 71 year old former co-worker (eligible for Fed pension and large SS, but still doesn't think the money is there - for some good/bad reasons.)

The funniest conversation was the 2nd one - this guy and his wife currently live 20 minutes away from their grandchildren. This is in rural flyover country, so if traffic is REALLY heavy that might stretch to 21 minutes. That's not close enough for her so they are going to buy a house on the same block as the grandkids. :D

Just thought I'd share - it's much more fun on my side of the conversations.

hahaha, my sisters in laws did that

This week saw a significant increase in my social life what with a quick visit from one of DW's high school friends and the on-site delivery of the products from my 100 hour per year side gig.

As a result I hit something of an ER conversational trifecta:

DW's friend started the ball rolling with the "You're too young to retire." conversation.

A former coworker followed with the "We're moving to be closer to our grandkids."

And the weekend finished with the "I don't think I'll ever be able to retire" (bad financial decisions version) from a 71 year old former co-worker (eligible for Fed pension and large SS, but still doesn't think the money is there - for some good/bad reasons.)

The funniest conversation was the 2nd one - this guy and his wife currently live 20 minutes away from their grandchildren. This is in rural flyover country, so if traffic is REALLY heavy that might stretch to 21 minutes. That's not close enough for her so they are going to buy a house on the same block as the grandkids. :D

Just thought I'd share - it's much more fun on my side of the conversations.
then my sister moved 800 miles away to another state within 2 years, the in laws left their 88 dollar a month rent controlled apt (1977) and we all alone after 2 years hahah in a house.

Back
Top Bottom