Costco Printer Ink refill

RonBoyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
(As long as I have been using this site, I still can't figure out how to search -- no matter what. or how I put it in the "Search" box, I get a gagillion choices; none of which are useful.)

Anyway, has anyone used the Costco ink refill service? Costco Photo Center: Inkjet Refill Service

Bring any supported, empty cartridges* to the Photo Center at your local Costco. Your cartridge will be refilled while you shop. Our high-tech system cleans, refills, and tests your cartridge. Receive your quality inkjet refill in an hour.
That sounds pretty darn convenient.

Ron
I have used it a couple time for refills of a HP printer. No issues with the ink or life. Some HP printers will give you a warning notice about not being a genuine HP cartridge even if the original refilled cartridge is an HP product. Other than a nuisance, no issues with printer using.
Depending on your Costco, the refill process will take at least 30 min or longer, probably the biggest nuisance so would not recommend if you are a rush.

(As long as I have been using this site, I still can't figure out how to search -- no matter what. or how I put it in the "Search" box, I get a gagillion choices; none of which are useful.)
If using a browser, be sure to use version two with the green screen. Then use the Google search box at the top.

Last edited:
Yes I have used the service many times for HP Officejet. Sadly, they stopped refilling my 02 cartridges so I had to get a new printer! No issues at all.

I looked at their prices for my canon inkjet. I usually just get a full set of non-OEM's from amazon for the price of 2 single costco refills.

I looked at their prices for my canon inkjet. I usually just get a full set of non-OEM's from amazon for the price of 2 single costco refills.

Oh! Now there's a thought. Thank you very much!

Used Costco refill service several times and was not happy - leaked, ran out way too early, saving the cartridges in a baggy for a trip in was a PITA. Don't even remember the printer brand, but am much happier with the plain B&W lasers. Have refilled those toner cartridges myself several times after melting a toner access port but the aftermarket cartridges with new chip are so cheap I probably won't do that anymore.

The last time I used the Costco refill service the refilled cartridge would not work in the HP printer so never again.

Currently I have a Canon that can use generic ink which is pretty cheap.

We've used Costco refills for ink cartridges several times and they worked fine ($10 vs $30). The $2 generics from Amazon for ink jet printing are even cheaper, if those are available. I have found for black and white printing a laser printer that takes generic ink to be the cheapest of all.

Back
Top Bottom