Cougar Outbreak?

At least the article didn't mention that 21-25 year old men were in any immediate danger from an attack.

Darn, I was hoping for a bunch of 70-80 year old ladies poaching for some young 60 year old cubs !

Last edited:
I am a lot more concerned about the 4 legged ones. We follow cougar safe procedures when hiking.

I am a lot more concerned about the 4 legged ones. We follow cougar safe procedures when hiking.

Cougar have been seen within 100 feet of our house on several occassions. Our house is next to a river backed by woods and mountains. Wildlife come down on a regular basis for water. One of my friends was snowshoeing behind our house many years ago when a cougar began stalking him. He changed directions and headed for the house.

While our family was backpacking in the Bitterroots on the Idaho/Montana border we passed an area that had a recent game kill that was partially covered. We passed through the area quickly so as not to disturb the cougar thinking we were going for her food.

Scary. We hike single file with kids in the middle and dogs in front. Encounters are rare, but we always have pepper spray and sometimes a firearm in the field.

mountain_lion_1024.jpeg

This one grabbed a neighbors dog, Fish and Game took a neighborhood surrey, never heard the outcome.

We recently had a cougar hit by a car about two miles from my house here on the Connecticut shoreline. They say it walked all the way here from South Dakota.

It would be nice to have some here in Ohio to help the hunters thin out the deer herd.

Back
Top Bottom