Cubs win!!!

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
After a 108 year drought, and coming back from down 3-1 in the series. This last game was the nail biter to end all - jeeez.

DW was born in Chicago and has a huge extended family there. I don't do FB but she does, and at midnight it was entirely congested with cousins and in-laws sending each other encouragement. Late night on the east coast before it finally wrapped up, and the post-victory excitement warded off sleep for some time thereafter.

I'm surprised I'm even awake this morning. Good thing I don't have to drag into w*rk today.

That had to be one of the most tension inducing games I have watched. Being a native Chicagoan made it worse. But all is well that ends well. Who would have thought that a rain delay would end the drought.

I was waiting to hear that the fans burned Wrigley field down due to all the excitement. Glad the drought is over for the Cubs. Hope the Rangers don't have to wait quite that long to perform the trick.

Good Game. Great Result!

The Cubs have always been a favorite of mine because, though I bleed Dodger Blue, after I started going to Dodger games as a youth, the Cubs were the first team that had the grace to lose so I could see the Dodgers win! :dance:

Now the Pirates were the first team, I saw in person, to beat the Dodgers. There is no forgiveness for them. :mad:

Let's hope that the next World Series win for the Cubs is before 2124! That really puts into perspective how long it has been.

Back
Top Bottom