Dilbert...Who Doesn't Love Dilbert?

"Don't you own company stock in your retirement account?"

Yep -- several thousand shares of Enron. There's nothing I'd like more than to see my retirement wiped out at the same time I lose my job....

I wish several of my former cow erkers had been as smart as Dilbert.

Today's strip was one of my all-time favorites.

When my last employer's stock price was regularly splitting 2:1 and the price rising to pre-split level many co-workers griped that they couldn't put 401k money in company. The CEO was adamantly against it. When the stock tumbled from 60 to less than 3 folks were grateful. Of course many got greedy about ESPP plan shares and saw big paper gains disappear.

Love Dilbert! So true in many instances - had a co-worker (manager of another department) that looked EXACTLY like the boss in Dilbert. Even had some of the management approaches as well....
The best one of all time has the boss announcing to Dilbert that management has set the strategy for the company "Make some dohickey that we can sell for alot of money" and tells them that since management has done the hard part "strategizing" - their part shouldn't take too long.....

Love Dilbert! So true in many instances -
-snip-

Scott Admams worked for Pacfic Bell for many years. After he left PacBell he spoke at internal meeting at the company I was working for. He said each time he was reorged and worked for a new boss he confirmed that he was the Scott Adams he authored Dilbert. He would ask the manager if that mad him/her uncomfortable. When he is last manager said "yes" Adams left PacBell. He was asked if he would run out of material if now that he wasn't working for a dysfunctional phone company. He said he network "sources" provided an abundance of stories.

My two favorite Dilberts are enclosed. My friends get a kick out of the disability one. One of my friends says of my being on disability "You're lucky to be so F'd up."

Mike D.

Attachments

• dilbert1999112174203.gif
    dilbert1999112174203.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 3
  • dilbert21826440000403.gif
    dilbert21826440000403.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom