A Divorce Attorney's Thoughts On Love and Marriage

If you are interested in the subject sometimes you just have to put in the work and watch the video. If not interested, skip it.

I found it very interesting.

Many people will not click on a link or a video unless they have some clear idea what to expect. That's why the board has rules about not posting naked links (i.e. without context or commentary.) And even those who would click on a naked link are probably not going to commit over an hour to find out whether it was worth starting to watch in the first place.

Many people will not click on a link or a video unless they have some clear idea what to expect. That's why the board has rules about not posting naked links (i.e. without context or commentary.)

I agree- I didn't bother till others started commenting on it. I've got about 10 minutes left; have been watching it in pieces. It's not that much work to post a link and summarize the main points or note why you think people should read/watch it.

Many people will not click on a link or a video unless they have some clear idea what to expect. That's why the board has rules about not posting naked links (i.e. without context or commentary.) And even those who would click on a naked link are probably not going to commit over an hour to find out whether it was worth starting to watch in the first place.

+1

I can’t recall the last time I bothered to view a link with no commentary to give me an idea of what it’s about. Even a two sentence overview would be helpful.

Another site I visit from time to time has a few members who literally post 8 to 12 linked with no information about the content other than a subject line with an meaningless title such as “You need to read this now!” No. I don’t.

...no information about the content other than a subject line with an meaningless title such as “You need to read this now!” No. I don’t.

Especially the ones that claim "This video will change your life!"

Color me grumpy and skeptical, but somehow I doubt it.

As a comedian once said:

I’m never getting married. I’m just going to find a woman I hate and give her half my stuff

I would submit that the opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference.

I know a lawyer that did family law including divorces.
He told me, about his girlfriend of some months, then she moved in with him, then after less than a year, they split up.
She got 1/2 his house !! :facepalm:

So even lawyers can make mistakes :nonono:

That's moderately surprising.
Less than a year is not a long term marriage.
Something doesn't smell right here.

Oh wait, and they weren't even married?
I'm calling BS...

Last edited:
I would submit that the opposite of love isn't hate. It's indifference.

In my case, that sounds about right.
But there's a lot of whacko fanatics out there who think differently, and who have firearms...

That's moderately surprising.
Less than a year is not a long term marriage.
Something doesn't smell right here.

Oh wait, and they weren't even married?
I'm calling BS...

Maybe she was pregnant? That would cause the lawyer to give up some things!

I dunno. In 29 years of marriage my wife and I have never had an argument much less a fight. Not sure I need to watch this.

I dunno. In 29 years of marriage my wife and I have never had an argument much less a fight. Not sure I need to watch this.

My second husband and I were together almost 20 years and married for 13 before he died and I don't think we ever did, either. It helps to have common values and goals and, when we were on opposite sides of something we usually realized the truth was somewhere in between, and worked it out peacefully.

I think people need to really watch this video. It’s absolutely mesmerizing.

I also think the same, he is interesting to listen to. I sent the link to my unmarried 29 year old son. Hoping he will glean the useful info from it. Of course now my algorith keeps showing me more videos of him.

We have been married 50 years.

I have no idea what the secret sauce is. I strongly suspect that it varies by each marriage.

We were complete opposites when we married, and we still are in some ways. Perhaps it worked because neither of us married with the intention of changing the other.

Last edited:
I also think the same, he is interesting to listen to. I sent the link to my unmarried 29 year old son. Hoping he will glean the useful info from it. Of course now my algorith keeps showing me more videos of him.

I agree, it was a great listen. I forwarded the video to a friend of mine.

I enjoyed watching and listening to him. Thanks for posting this.

I think he's talking through his hat. I suspect people lie to their divorce lawyers all the time.

"People lie to their therapist, but they won't lie to their divorce lawyer."
.[/COLOR]

omni

I think it has something to do with ions and chemistry and such.

I do feel a bit sorry for him - every day he sees multiple cases of marriage at its worst.

After my divorce my attorney retired- she was in her 60s. It wasn't my particular divorce, she told me (although mine was pretty messy)- she was just tired of all the sleaze. She could smell it a mile away and deal with it appropriately but she'd had enough.

Back
Top Bottom