Disturbing occurrence at my gym

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're in FL, so intervening has a heightened risk.

Curious as to why heightened risk for being in Florida?

I assume this was referring to Florida's Stand Your Ground law. As long as the kid was not in physical danger, no point in taking one in the chest.

No, I did not mean to be that specific. More, it was meant as a somewhat lighthearted reference to Florida is crazy in general, never know who you are dealing with here. Assume everyone is Florida Man.

Since you feel the need to correct me, I have to correct you.

“The reception desk is where police say Cabana, known to the employees because he's a regular visitor, became irate after he was denied entrance because his membership had expired.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/newyork/news/nypd-2-people-stabbing-inside-museum-of-modern-art/

Actually youbet is right I have no idea why the original stories used the word expired instead of revoked or cancelled but the offender had previous altercations with staff that resulted in him losing his membership.

There is so much snippyness on this thread ...I see no reason for it.

No, I did not mean to be that specific. More, it was meant as a somewhat lighthearted reference to Florida is crazy in general, never know who you are dealing with here. Assume everyone is Florida Man.

Actually this is a good motto for everywhere .....

Snippyness probably happens when a person makes a trivial mistake and gets accused of spreading “misinformation.”

It was kind of an important detail, but who writes these stories and headlines that they don't know the difference between expired and cancelled or revoked? That's just shoddy journalism .....we can probably all agree on that:flowers:

It was kind of an important detail, but who writes these stories and headlines that they don't know the difference between expired and cancelled or revoked? That's just shoddy journalism .....we can probably all agree on that:flowers:

I've seen far too many "mistakes" in journalism to think it's anything other than deliberate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom