Do People Still Have Slide Shows, or Know What They Are?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
My book refers to the old fashioned "slide show" -- the kind with a screen and a projector, but I'm guessing people don't have those anymore. Do you think the reference on this page would work? If not, what would?

Thanks.

Ssw8ILy.jpg

I still use the same terminology. And people still flee from the idea of sitting down to a 500 slide viewing of my summer vacation!

A couple of years ago my husbands brother brought over their parents' old projector with some home movies of when hubby's mom and dad were young. Made the kids milkshakes and sat back to watch the show. Kids were around 6, 8, 9. They still talk about it!! They loved it!

Actually to be modern you would use a digital camera and show the shots on your flat screen tv, no projector or screen needed. (Good luck finding bulbs for a lot of old slide projectors, they are all out of production, and you have to look at remainder markets). Also of course there is only one color slide film left Fuji, Kodak has ditched that market completly. (Kodachrome died a while a go and Etkachrome died more recently).
Actually the digital picture frame is another version, in that it can show a lot more pictures than a regular picture frame, however in general not as large.

Back
Top Bottom