Do you have an amazing view - can I see?

I do have a view, more than most here where I live, but it's not amazing. Got the graveyard, and I can see the Altamont hills. When the smog and smoke are down that is. But a good visible indicator, if you can see the hills, the air is good, if not, best to stay inside.

IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2632.jpg
Taken about 40 minutes apart at the end of a gorgeous sunny day!

Hope you will report back!

Reporting back :)

Fingers crossed we put an offer in today on property that has some views, and some investment potential.
It was cloudy and limited visibility, but I could see Protection Island and will certainly have views of the north Cascades, Mt. Baker, and parts of Vancouver island.
PXL-20210926-154947391.jpg

It will also have peek-a-boo views of the Olympic mountains through trees that we own, but will not likely cut for privacy reasons.
The property has several of those smaller fir trees that grew unrestricted in a grassy area. I am a real sucker for those trees with limbs all the way to the ground.
PXL-20210926-155118072-PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL-20210926-155115318-PORTRAIT.jpg

We will situate the house among them, if we get it.

Last edited:
Of course DW and I both have buyer's remorse this morning. It's like Kevin Hart yelling on the commercials, it's WHAT WE DO!

Love this thread, surprised not many golf course views

Here are a couple for you, from San Clemente, where we’re being housed while our home undergoes repairs from water damage:

Attachments

• 1FCB423E-34F7-45F1-9AD8-634FAC246581.jpeg
    1FCB423E-34F7-45F1-9AD8-634FAC246581.jpeg
    396.8 KB · Views: 95
  • 342FC734-9BBC-477C-9B55-6F5714BCA49B.jpg
    342FC734-9BBC-477C-9B55-6F5714BCA49B.jpg
    526.1 KB · Views: 93
we have not secured our view yet, they countered we countered. Hopefully about sewn up.
The plan is to develop the property while working to our 2023 departure date.

So many beautiful views!
enjoy your morning coffees, everyone :)

Offer Accepted!!
This Sunday I will go up and walk the property as part of due diligence, and take a ladder and a decent camera. I want to see what the views will be like from the porch.

Offer Accepted!!
This Sunday I will go up and walk the property as part of due diligence, and take a ladder and a decent camera. I want to see what the views will be like from the porch.

Congrats! Welcome to Olypen :)

thank you I am beyond thrilled!
It is an easy mile to Safeway and 1.4 miles to get onto the Discovery Trail. 1.25 miles to Coscto and Home depot, but we have those trees and privacy for now.
We have a beach lot at Ocean Shores to sell now, and I was pleasantly surprised to see how that value has changed. I was thinking we might get half of what I now see is the norm, and our lot has some perks to it to increase the values.

Although we see this view of Mount Baker from our patio, this is a nicer view from the water at sunset under The Lion's Gate Bridge. The glaciers glow in the setting sun.

Mt Baker is seen from various places half way to Seattle, including Victoria where you can also see The Olympics.

Attachments

• MtBakerBridge.jpg
    MtBakerBridge.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 57
here's a cool similar framing of Rainier from a sailboat at Port Townsend. that's the cut at Indian Island.
PXL-20210911-203113530.jpg

I doubt the weather is going to give us a Baker view off the property this Sunday but I'm going up anyway.
take a big tape measure and ladder, camera. I'll see what I can see from the porch elevation.

Although we see this view of Mount Baker from our patio, this is a nicer view from the water at sunset under The Lion's Gate Bridge. The glaciers glow in the setting sun.

Mt Baker is seen from various places half way to Seattle, including Victoria where you can also see The Olympics.

I love seeing Haleakala from Oahu. It's rarely clear enough to get a good view, but once in a while, it's just magical. I wish I had a good picture taken on a clear day.

6156F124-A05A-414E-9B56-4CC7C41D1D5A.jpg

There is an Air Show going on in front of our house today. It goes all weekend long. Every boat owner in Southern California must be parked in front of the house. I’ve never seen so many boats out there.

^ wonder if RobbieB is out there?

Not as good as direct ocean front, but no direct front neighbors over the road (Single Loaded lot), just a tranquil lake with an abundance of wildlife.

Attachments

• IMG_4505 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4505 (Medium).JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 44
Back
Top Bottom