Do you have an amazing view - can I see?

Beautiful views!

views.

Not much of a view now but we are VERY CLOSE to great views. Here is our community beach roughly a 4minute walk from home... We love raising our family here.
views1.jpg
Here is the "other" lake that I bike to frequently about a 5 minute bike ride north.
views5.jpg
The St. Croix river that we like to play at a 10minute drive away.
views4.jpg

I've had better views out the window from places we lived in the past.
My view from my "lanai" in Waiehu Beach , Hawaii. We were on the ocean with a pool and a few palms separating us. Blessed to live here.
waiehu.jpg
waiehu1.jpg
waiehu 2.jpg
waiehu3.jpg
Same view with one of the cruise ships parked.
waiehu -cruiseship.jpg
Then we moved to Maui Meadows in South Maui aka Wailea.
waileaviews.jpg
waileaviews3.jpg

travel views

We always rent houses with views when we travel. Or sometimes rooms with a view. Here is our view from our family trip to the Smoky Mtns, We had a view of two ranges in the blue ridge...this was the view to the north.
views3.jpg

views2.jpg

And this was my office view when working on Maui, I had the luxury of bi-coastal views from the conference room I spent a decent amount of time in...

officewiew.jpg

Couldn't find the views we had of Mackinac harbor from our latest summer trip, but I will post when I find it. I'll leave you with a picture I snapped of the fall colors on the St. Croix a few days ago We feel blessed.
FB_IMG_1602342280512.jpg

And finally, Makena Surf where we got married at sunset. Had views of these lava formations for about two weeks as we took care of "business". :D
MakenaSurf.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 40491

There is an Air Show going on in front of our house today. It goes all weekend long. Every boat owner in Southern California must be parked in front of the house. I’ve never seen so many boats out there.

This looks like Huntington Beach?

We got out there and made new friends, walked the property and found some markers. The weather was not good for finding more views as the clouds were down in the mountains. The clear days in the winter will be best with snow on the mountains.

UGH, finding out late in the discovery and due diligence period that there *may* be an irrigation main line across the property that might limit development. Carving a new easement out is not in our best interests.
It might also be nothing, merely leftover GIS traces of a long abandoned and filled in irrigation ditch. Right now it is an IRRITATION ditch :D

^Did you have title work done to see if any easements affect the property?

I found out through the years a title search "surface search" is well worth the money.

Sometimes there are encroachment easements and all easements follow the land and can be an issue depending on what you have in mind for that land.

I just paid earnest money. I have a few more days to reject the purchase out of hand, then we get into the closing phase and it becomeìs a little more complicated. It's just a vague blue line on a map right now and I want to get it nailed down as soon as possible.
if, and that's a big if, it is laying exactly as they're showing it on the map it would not adversely affect my subdivision plans. It's the big if part of locations on a system that is 100 years old.

Pots of Gold

Here is a shot I caught a few years ago from our balcony at sunrise. Looking west towards Point Gray, Vancouver Island and Cyrpress Mountain. Definitely one in a million.

Attachments

• PotsOfGold.jpg
    PotsOfGold.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 54
I love double rainbows! Do you get 4 pots of gold for catching both ends of a double?

I caught this one in April a few years ago, from my back deck.

Attachments

• 20160426_180718.jpg
    20160426_180718.jpg
    714.8 KB · Views: 51
Heh, I got a pair those last week in the evening:

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_191532152.jpg
    IMG_20210922_191532152.jpg
    515.5 KB · Views: 47
Beautiful rainbows. We don't have rainbows cause it never rains here.

We had about 8" this past week in two small storms. In late 2017, we had 53" in three days. I've renamed this pace as The Great Swamp.

Oh My Goodness! We had less then 7 inches from January this year. I write all rain measurements on the building where the rain gauge is at the ranch. I just added them up a few days ago.

It is very normal when we get rain to measure in tenths, not inches in most rains we get.

Beautiful rainbows. We don't have rainbows cause it never rains here.

We get them fairly often so guess what that means?:facepalm: But I actually love the rain as long as it doesn't last more than a day or two.

I found out through the years a title search "surface search" is well worth the money.

Sometimes there are encroachment easements and all easements follow the land and can be an issue depending on what you have in mind for that land.

There is no easement for this rather a "right of way". I asked to push out the discovery and due diligence for another 10 days to figure it out.
An easement would be easy as it would be clearly defined.

After speaking with the irrigation district managers, we are proceeding with the purchase.
If the pipeline is located as depicted on the GIS map, it fits with our plans for a subdivision.
If it is not where it shows on the map, I can move it, provided it enters and leaves the property at the same places. I don't know what you did at megacorp, but in construction I do things like moving a pipeline and it qualifies as a nothingburger.
I am operating on the assumption that the property to the east will be developed sooner than later, and it will block the ground level views to the water to the northeast.
DW wants a single level home. We both want an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU).
I want a classic gothic arch barn for a shop.
https://youtu.be/4P4BHlbeD6Y
I will propose an ADU in the loft of that building, looking over any development. The house would then be located where it would get the best sun, and views of the Olympic mountains to the west.

Last edited:
I like that barn! I wouldn’t trust the GIS map location of the pipeline. I would have the pipeline location surveyed as part of the boundary survey for the purchase. The surveyed location would help in planning your subdivision/ building layout.

Last edited:
I wish I had a picture of it - we once toured a high-rise condo building which has stunning views of the pacific as well as the Ko'olau mountains. But at the base of the building is an old quonset building that was turned into a home (wild guess - back in the 50's). It's an interesting place but utterly NOT in keeping with its surroundings. Imagine gazing at that instead of the pacific. YMMV

View down the road from our front porch.

Attachments

• 0A5A1298-EBFB-4D5F-AD99-C2D87D5705B0.jpg
    0A5A1298-EBFB-4D5F-AD99-C2D87D5705B0.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 86
  • 51703048-EFDA-4C41-B5C4-7A98919553B9.jpg
    51703048-EFDA-4C41-B5C4-7A98919553B9.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 71
Back
Top Bottom