Double standard

Stupidity, in and of itself, is not against the law...

I do not support censorship.

It's all about politics. Imus picked on one of the groups protected by "political correctness" and a hands-off policy. The other two guys picked on targets that the media love to hate so they will be treated differently. Nothing new in this world.

SamHouston said:
It's all about politics. Imus picked on one of the groups protected by "political correctness" and a hands-off policy. The other two guys picked on targets that the media love to hate so they will be treated differently. Nothing new in this world.

I think you might be on to something ;)

SamHouston said:

The difference is that the student athletes were not public figures [legally] while politicians are.

I agree that if most had not been Black several mouthpieces would not have been so indignant, but is the way the media game is played.

You have the power... don't listen to the show! If you really want to protest... cancel the XM subscription and write the board and CEO and complain.

chinaco said:
You have the power... don't listen to the show! If you really want to protest... cancel the XM subscription and write the board and CEO and complain.

Think you missed the point on it being a double standard. We all know how to turn a channel ;)

Does the XM Satellite broadcast fall under the jurisdiction of the FCC? I have always been surprised how sex is not tolerated (think Janet Jackson's wardrope slip) but violence is OK.

Why don't we just fire everyone and let the Voice of America take over radio? Or maybe Disney?

Ha

Have not heard the post... but will.... I had read a headline that two people were suspended for 30 days, so maybe it is not a double standard... it took awhile for them to get rid of Imus......

I don't think that Imus should have been fired for what he said... many rap artist say much worse... now, it seemed that the advertisers were going away in droves so he would have been out because of lack of support...

BTW, remember that Bill Mahar was 'fired' for saying something wrong and now he seems to be back on top as I have started to see him on a number of shows giving interviews... don't have cable, so I don't see him..

Back
Top Bottom