End of the world: May 21, 2011

Well, shoot, that just blew a hole in my SWR.

We always go to Saturday Mass and we were leaving the church last night as the 6pm bells tolled. As we were getting in the car, a bird flew overhead and pooped on the windshield (flying and pooping is a skill). I think it was God's way of letting us know things were still OK.

I noticed there were lots of people at church who normally don't attend the Saturday Mass. I wonder if they were hedging their bets......

I know a naval officer who still celebrates her own personal anniversary of "Keflavik Liberation Day"... from 1984.
My friend's dad was Ambassador to Iceland and said that his job was to do (unofficially) the NYT Crossword Puzzle and bail Naval types out of jail. I just saw though that a volcano closed the airport.

Last edited:
I forgot about yesterday being the end of the world. Is this heaven or hell?:blink:

I think the sinners get left behind, and the righteous go to Heaven, right? So that means that we (everyone on the board and everyone I know or ever heard of) are all sinners.

Big shock. :ROFLMAO: Guess it's time to party.

I'm still here and always planned to be anyway.

It will be interesting to see if Harold Camping will be speaking publicly about this or was it a publicity plan for his radio network.

Just heard on the news that Camping is claiming he made a math error and was off by 5 months. So the new date is Oct. 21st.

powerplay said:
Just heard on the news that Camping is claiming he made a math error and was off by 5 months. So the new date is Oct. 21st.

No, he always said that would be the end of the world, that judgement day/rapture was may 21, then 5 months later would be the final end of days.

Now he's saying it was judgement day, but a spiritual one, not a physical one, and that the world will still end oct 21 (as he said all along)

His being wrong in 1994 and Saturday wasn't enough to convince him he's wrong.

I haven't heard it claimed as a math error anywhere..

October 21st? Cool beans. :D

I couldn't get a trip booked for Vegas before the 21st of May, but I should be able to by October. :dance:

powerplay said:

Being that he is 89, the end of the world still isn't too far away for him. Read some of his followers maxed out their credit cards, quit their jobs, taking vacations to see places before the end came. I assume they regret that decision! Unless, of course Oct.21 is the correct date.

Ignorance can be overcome, there is no cure for stupidity.

Reminds me of the old saying: "I may be fat, but you're stupid and I can go on a diet."
One of the more famous exchanges that Lady Astor is purported to have had with Churchill is as follows: "Winston, you are drunk." To which Churchill responded, "And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning."

Different quote - same outcome :facepalm: ...

Of course she also stated "I married beneath me. All women do." That was a chuckle for all the lovely ladies on the board...

One of the more famous exchanges that Lady Astor is purported to have had with Churchill is as follows: "Winston, you are drunk." To which Churchill responded, "And you, madam, are ugly. But I shall be sober in the morning."

Reminds my of my favorite, where she told him "If I were your wife I'd poison your coffee," to which Churchill replied: "If I were your husband, madam, I would drink it."

Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an Earth-shattering KABOOM!
marvin_martian.jpg

My friend's dad was Ambassador to Iceland and said that his job was to do (unofficially) the NYT Crossword Puzzle and bail Naval types out of jail.
Tell him "Diane" says she's sorry for all the trouble she caused, and to remind him that she did eventually pay for the bar damage...

Where's the KABOOM? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom.

This is really quite annoying.

I don't know! Maybe we are all in heaven and just don't know it. Retirement IS sort of like heaven for me, so I'll go for that idea. :angel:

That's not a bald spot at the crown of my head; I'm just wearing a halo. :)

Back
Top Bottom