Fake Apple ID issue scam

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Recently, I received an email supposedly from Apple telling me one of my Apple devices was no longer among my list of 'trusted' devices. If I did not make this change there was a link for me to click on to check things out.

I believe this email to be an attempt to trick me into revealing confidential information about my Apple ID account.

Rather than clicking on any link in the email, I directed my browser to the Apple ID site via my own commands. When I got there I found that my device was still 'trusted'.

Just a word of warning to the wise.

Yes, that could be a scam.

I never click on anything in an unexpected e-mail, no matter who it appears to be from.

Good one.

We thought we got an email from the IRS earlier this year - NOT!

You could enable 2-factor authentication too.

Its so bad, one can almost not trust anything.

Recently we got a letter from the state telling us we didn't sign our tax return and to sign this piece of paper and send it back to them so they could process it.

Never mind it took them 3 months to notice no signature, I'm still wondering if its a scam ?

Interesting, all my 'devices' are requiring me to put in my Apple password again (instead of remembering it) when I attempt to use them with any Apple services such as messaging. They treat the device as though it is the first time I have used the Apple service on them. After that everything works fine.

I wonder if something rotten is going on and Apple is tightening up security.

A few days ago DW picked up the phone when "Microsoft" was calling again about our computer sending error codes. She hung up, which was a shame because I was in a mood to keep them on the phone and play with them for a while.

A few days ago DW picked up the phone when "Microsoft" was calling again about our computer sending error codes. She hung up, which was a shame because I was in a mood to keep them on the phone and play with them for a while.

I got to do that! Received a call a my FIL's place, saying the computer there was sending error messages over the past few days. Funny thing, the computer hasn't been on for almost a month. So I played slightly dumb and told him that couldn't be because the computer wasn't on for several days. The story then changed that's been over the past couple of weeks. That's when I lied and said it's been off for a couple of months. He then wanted my computer license. I told him my computer doesn't have a license, which went back and forth a couple of times. Unfortunately, he hung up on me. My next reply would have been my computer doesn't have a license because it doesn't drive. You have to get your fun where you can.

I got to do that! Received a call a my FIL's place, saying the computer there was sending error messages over the past few days. Funny thing, the computer hasn't been on for almost a month.

Okay, here's the bar to clear. Someone else posted this one and I found it again. The guy keeps the scammer on the phone for 15 minutes and it is funny!

Back
Top Bottom