Feral hogs far more than a nuisance

The scariest thing to me around here is the no-known-cure brain-eating amoeba Naegleria fowleri. The second runner-up was the coral snake I found hiding under my daughter's bed (only the black mamba has deadlier venom). That was enough to make me think twice about getting out of bed at night. I've been bitten 3 times by brown recluse spiders, and have permanent scars to prove it, but that was nothing. And there's the constant black vultures that circle over me when I exercise, waiting for their payday.

Wow it’s super rare to even see a coral snake. And you had one hiding under your daughter’s bed?!? Their mouth is so small it’s tough to even get bitten by then regardless of their neurotoxin venom.

Oh the black vultures are just joy-riding!

Sometimes it is a good thing to have a backhoe and some barn lime...
I don't have a backhoe but I do have a good size FEL on my tractor that does the job... And I always keep ~50lbs of lime around.. Not for hogs but it works great at getting vehicles "unstuck" from the mud.

Eh, I have eaten the younger ones. Plenty tasty to my way of thinking.

Wow it’s super rare to even see a coral snake. And you had one hiding under your daughter’s bed?!? Their mouth is so small it’s tough to even get bitten by then regardless of their neurotoxin venom.

Oh the black vultures are just joy-riding!

I read that coral snakes don't snap like a rattlesnake, but gnaw on a fold of skin with their small mouth. So bites are rare, and the hospitals struggle to justify keeping a stock of antivenom. They say coral snakes generally bite humans only when handled or stepped on (as in, during the night, with bare feet). I don't know how it got into the house, or whether we'll find another one at an inopportune time. Well I guess that's why the buzzards hang around so much.

Back
Top Bottom