Flying Northwest/Delta

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
We'll be on our merry way to Manhattan this week.

Any suggestions for what to say to the head stewardess when boarding?

Big news here in Minnesota a week ago about the 2 NW pilots forgetting to land at MSP - the military was preparing to go after them - it took a stewardess to get their attention 150 miles later and ask if they were going to prepare for landing.

I was thinking something along the lines of "will this plane stop in New York?".

or ?

Please do not refer to her as a "stewardess" (or if it's a male, as "steward")...they are flight attendants or cabin crew.

A pleasant "good morning/afternoon/evening" is always appropriate.

Big news here in Minnesota a week ago about the 2 NW pilots forgetting to land at MSP - the military was preparing to go after them - it took a stewardess to get their attention 150 miles later and ask if they were going to prepare for landing.

I was thinking something along the lines of "will this plane stop in New York?".

or ?
I'll set up a really big net for you. :D

I haven't seen the outcome of that incident except both pilots' licenses were instantly revoked pending FAA/TSB investigation.
They are darn lucky they "came to" and responded when they did. It was the prolonged radio silence that was not met with amusement. :nonono:

Typical Airbus cockpit photo, there is enough going on to keep the pilots quite busy, and hardly any way to explain away their inattention...falling asleep or otherwise.

12761-albums63-picture471.jpg

Back
Top Bottom