foot test

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
While sitting lift your right foot off the floor and make clockwise circles -
while doing this draw the # 6 with your right hand.
Your foot will change directions

misread the title as "fool test" -- figured i'd pass with flying colours.

im still trying to figure out why it works. im a drummer and got pretty good independant coordination and i find it hard

Interesting. I am left handed. I have to move my foot counter clockwise and make a backward 6. Easy to do the other way.

At the exact moment I was attempting this feat of motor skills, pogirl walked through the room and game me the "look " one uses when watching a monkey at the zoo swinging on tree branches.

im still trying to figure out why it works. im a drummer and got pretty good independant coordination and i find it hard

my foot didn't completely change rotation but it definitely skipped a beat. it sort of sashayed into the wrong direction but before making even a degree of arc in a counterclockwise rotation, i'd reseized control already. the second try it did the same thing as the first. but each time i tried, the beat skip was less noticeable.

i think it reveals the wiring of our brains. it reminds me of how alzheimer's victims "forget" how to swallow which would seem, under normal circumstances, a hard-wired event, something we do "naturally." but then there are times when we who do not have alzheimer's simply choke, when it goes "down the wrong way," when something short circuits our hard wiring.

Last edited:
also a leftie, but learned to do a lot rightie when i had hand surgery.

drew the 6 using my leftie first, no change.

drew the 6 using rightie, and foot went opposite for a split second on its own before i concentrated and got it back on track.

that was wild! :)

Depends on where you start drawing the number 6. If you start at the top, this happens. If you start where the loop closes with the rest of the digit and draw it clockwise, no problems.

Back
Top Bottom